Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
somethingaboutowls

Feeling the worst I've ever felt.

I was on birth control for 6 years (I'm 23 now) and decided to go off of it when my latest prescription ran out. My skin had been great the entire time I was on the pill, and everything was fine for about a month after going off, but then my face--specifically my chin--went really, really crazy. I've never had acne like this. I immediately went back on the pill and was reassured by my doctor that everything should even out after about a month. I had so many clogged pores and breakouts that I went to the dermatologist and he put me on Doxy and Atralin gel. I've been on both of those for about a week and everything just seems to be getting worse...I'm guessing that's the initial breakout. The worst part about all of this is that I was just starting to feel like I was coming into my own and finally gaining confidence. Now I feel absolutely disgusting. I literally just want to hide out for days so I'm not offending anyone with how awful my face looks. I feel like I'm going to have a breakdown every time I look in the mirror, or whenever I wake up in the morning and feel a few more pimples popping up on my face. How can I love myself when I look like this?

I think your birth control should kick back in soon if it worked for you so well before.

Hang in there... I hope things get better for you.

Thank you for the kind words. I'm praying that it does start working again, but right now, I just feel like nothing is ever going to change.