Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Girly1987

Roaccutane cost in Australia

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to find out on the cost for this roaccutane treatment in Australia

and not many people sharing about this.

So, I'm suffering from bad acnes and live in perth at the moment,

I've just got my presciption from my dermatologist and I've been on Roche roaccutane 10mg/day

apparently, in Wa, there are no generic brand , so have to go with Roche roaccutane,

I just got it today and it costs me $33.30 with Medicare card, and it will cost around $95 if you don't have Medicare card.

This is for Roche roaccutane 10mg 60 capsules

I've got more than 50% of my dermatologist cost back from Medicare and blood tests are fully covered by Medicare, so this treatment is actually really cheap in Australia compare to the states.

But if you don't have Medicare, you'll probably be looking for the total cost of $1000 for the whole 6month course, but if you do have a Medicare, it's probably only cost you around $400 for 6month course.

I guess it's worth doing for an acne free skin, I've been suffering for too long, hope it works for me, fingers crossed.

Note: cost are based on WA dermatologist and in Australia dollar, other state may have slightly different cost

Hello,

I am from Perth too, Have just completed my course on roaccutane. Roaccutane will take of your acne by month 2-3 but won't cure the red marks left from previously pimples. I suggest you also buy something with vitamin e, jojoba oil or emu oil, it works like a moisturizer and best of all it repairs your skin from red marks and uneven skin tone/scars.

I suggest you use Careline Emu Oil cream, as it has worked so well for me. I bought it on eBay just type in "Careline Emu Oil cream".

Goodluck

Hi

nice to hear someone has done it and it works well for you.

Yeah, I do aware of it, after the roaccutane I might need to find something else for my scars too.

Cool, I'll give vitamin E cream a try, I've used it before but find it too oily, but now maybe the right time, since I'll have a dry skin from roaccutane.

I just wish after the treatment, the acne won't come back in future :)

In case you wonder where the post went that you replied to, the spammer got booted and all his/her posts are now invisible. Please use the report button to report spam posts. That poster had many identical posts, all about this one eBay product. S/He is now gone though.

Thanks wynne,

I'm new to this thing, so I didn't realise the spam post though, I wouldn't buy things on eBay to put on my face anyway, wouldn't risk my skin :)

Thanks wynne,

I'm new to this thing, so I didn't realise the spam post though, I wouldn't buy things on eBay to put on my face anyway, wouldn't risk my skin :)

It's ok, you didn't know. :)

I've bought some things on eBay for my skin, but it's a matter of research and looking at feedback from the sellers. I've actually been in general quite happy with my purchases on eBay. Just do your homework and you should be okay. :)

I personally despise spammers; they're not here to help, they're here to spam. That particular spammer has so far three accounts and about 40 essentially the same posts.

Good luck with your course, too! :D

I'll move this to Accutane posts forum as it's a much better fit there, since it's about Roaccutane and its cost, not about International Acne.org Regimen Supplies. ;)

Cool, thanks for your help, hope someone find this post helpful, since I found it quite hard to find out about the cost for roaccutane treatment in Australia,

and surely a few may asking the same question too :)

thanks, I really hope it works too :) been suffering to much with acne :(

hey girly, $33 is a lot. im on 20mgs at the moment and i only paid $7.60. its the roche brand too. its supposed to cost $140, but ive got the centrelink health care card as im a student. do u have one of those too? if so it should be a heck cheaper !

Yeah i pay that $7 as well because of low income healthcare card. Also i had 3 blood tests done, and they are suppose to be free, but i got sent a bill after my last one for $75, what the hell lol. I didnt even need that test since that was a month AFTER my tane course, just to make sure everything is good still. Anyway I didnt even notice the letter until today, and it told me to pay last month which obviously i didnt, so im going to wait for another reminder, then see what's up with that. That letter said i could claim it with a healthcard card anyway, but for all my others i didnt need to do this, as i thought just normal medicare covered it.

Yeah i pay that $7 as well because of low income healthcare card. Also i had 3 blood tests done, and they are suppose to be free, but i got sent a bill after my last one for $75, what the hell lol. I didnt even need that test since that was a month AFTER my tane course, just to make sure everything is good still. Anyway I didnt even notice the letter until today, and it told me to pay last month which obviously i didnt, so im going to wait for another reminder, then see what's up with that. That letter said i could claim it with a healthcard card anyway, but for all my others i didnt need to do this, as i thought just normal medicare covered it.

they sent u a bill, hmm thats so strange. yeah wait to see if they remind u i guess? congrats on finishing the accutane anyway :)

You done with accutane? I see most of your posts are in the scar forum, something i need to look into now as well, if only i did accutane earlier :( What type of scars you got and have you tried anything yet? Anything work?

You done with accutane? I see most of your posts are in the scar forum, something i need to look into now as well, if only i did accutane earlier :( What type of scars you got and have you tried anything yet? Anything work?

lol it must seem sad huh !ive been targeting my scars for years, whilst having acne. it got a lot worse recently, hence the accutane. im at the end of month 3 atm and really want to be done by month 6, so going to ask him to bump me up to 80mgs, then 120mgs, 120mgs, then hopefully done. im only on 40 atm :(

scar wise, i have mostly ice picks abd boxcar scars they arent insanely deep, but theres a lot of them. ive been looking into tca cross and just counting down the months until i can begin. ill also do a fraxel repair afterwards. its been fun finding a good one here in syd, but i think ive finally found a few which is seriously awesome.

you in syd too?

nah melb

I think i got similiar, they arent too deep, but man i got heeaaps. Good luck on the accutane, my course was for 5months 20days so basically 6months, i did 40 first month and 60 for the remainder, but i only weigh like 63kgs, so that was enough to hit like 150mg cummulative dose. I'm like 2months post now, and i still get a couple of little pimples here and there that dont bother me, so hopefully it stays like that :P Good luck on your scar treatment as well, you still generally got to wait like 6-12months after tane before you start.

hey girly, $33 is a lot. im on 20mgs at the moment and i only paid $7.60. its the roche brand too. its supposed to cost $140, but ive got the centrelink health care card as im a student. do u have one of those too? if so it should be a heck cheaper !

oh :( really? i thought i paid a cheap price already :(

that's probably because i haven't got any concesion card like you do :( what a shame, should have done this when i was a student, i thought dermatologist treatment would be so expensive, so didn't dare to try until i'm quite stable financially :(

but thanks for the information anyway, hoep someone can make use of these information :)

i think microdemarbrasion works quite good with scars, but you may need to wait for a year after roaccutane before you do it.

cause i've done 1 session ( 6 microdemarbrasion) and everyone could see a quite big changes to the scars, they've got lighter and some of them are gone.

but unfortunately my acne still active and when too much acnes pop out, i've been sugested to stop with microdemarbrasion, so i move on to dermatologist and been put on roaccutane, so once my skin is ready again, i'll try the microdemarbrasion again :)