Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marko_MNE

Fat grafting/laser resurfacing or microdoplet silicone?

Hi guys, I need a bit of advice from all of You. I am going to start another battle with my acne scars this summer, and I am considering 2 options:

First option is to have fat injections (lipofilling) and ablatvie Erbium laser full face resurfacing with one plastic surgeon in Croatia where I will be spending my summer vacation....this option i am considering is much cheaper than second one.

Second procedure would be microdoplet silicone injections with dr Channing Barnett of NYC. I have heard great reviews about her, both from her patients and her colegues that are doing same procedure. The obvious drawback for me would be the huge distance i will have to travel from Europe to NYC, not to mention expenses. On the other hand, i dont know much about fat injections (not the stem cells just plain fat injections) and ablative erbium, and their efficiency in scar removal, while the silicone injections should be very precise and permanent.

Really don't know what to opt for, my summer vacation is coming soon, and I could have this procedure by the next month, while for silicone i would have to wait till september, as I need to apply for visa first, and deal with other life stuff.

So any comments are appreciated. Thanx :)

If you've already answered this before, please forgive my ignorance. What type of scaring do you have? Is it rolling, ice-pick, boxscar, combo? That information may help other posters determine what type of procedure would benefit you the best.

On a side note, how exciting to spend the summer in Croatia! I've heard lovely things about the country. I hope you enjoy your time there :)

Best of luck, and sorry I was no help.

Hi guys, I need a bit of advice from all of You. I am going to start another battle with my acne scars this summer, and I am considering 2 options:

First option is to have fat injections (lipofilling) and ablatvie Erbium laser full face resurfacing with one plastic surgeon in Croatia where I will be spending my summer vacation....this option i am considering is much cheaper than second one.

Second procedure would be microdoplet silicone injections with dr Channing Barnett of NYC. I have heard great reviews about her, both from her patients and her colegues that are doing same procedure. The obvious drawback for me would be the huge distance i will have to travel from Europe to NYC, not to mention expenses. On the other hand, i dont know much about fat injections (not the stem cells just plain fat injections) and ablative erbium, and their efficiency in scar removal, while the silicone injections should be very precise and permanent.

Really don't know what to opt for, my summer vacation is coming soon, and I could have this procedure by the next month, while for silicone i would have to wait till september, as I need to apply for visa first, and deal with other life stuff.

So any comments are appreciated. Thanx :)

Hmmm...well, I had full facial Erbium (Palomar StarLux) both ablative and non-ablative done a week ago (I'm on Day 7...woohoo) as part of study. My skin is definitely much, much, much better. My recovery had a few challenges, but I've healed well and I'm almost back to my normal skin color already! To go from raw, bleeding skin to almost normal in a week is amazing to me! I'm having pictures taken of the progress all the way from procedure day to day 60. My dr says you can see improvement generally until you hit 6 months, but in some cases up to a year afterwards.

I would love to hear more microdroplet silicon injections...fill us in! Good luck!

P.S. I should add I have icepick and depressed scars.

Edited by SkiBum#1

hello and thanx for your answers. Sassy, I am almost every year in Croatia as part of me is croatian (my mother is croatian), and half of my family is over there....

to answer your question, doctors who reviewed my photos said that besides regular small acne scars, i have broad based acne scars arround my mouth and jaw line and that is why they all suggest fillers to plump up the volume of my skin, as skin peeling wont do much with those kind of scars. I wish i knew that earlier, as i had deep peel performed in january here in my country and my face has just recently got back to 'normal'....needless to say that doctor did a poor job, he just wanted to rip me off i guess but to hell with money he almost runied my face permanently. even now i think that scars are actually worse than they were before. As I said, it would be much better option for me to go with Ablative erbium (ER YAG is the laser) and fat fillers for volume, but i dont know should i trust doctors from this part of the world anymore, while with the Barnett's i could get improvement i am asking for, just i think one treatment wouldnt do much. So i am still abit confused, would love to hear some stories about fat fillers if anyone has done that.

to SkinBurn, thanx for your kind answer, just to say i dont have icepicks , i have depressed scars and rolling ones i think. It is great encouragment to hear You have healed so fast, considering how much was needed for me to heal after poorly done deep chemical peel. Do You feel your improvement is definite, or You are just abit still swelled?

Thanx for Your input mates, i will keep you updated definitely ;)