Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
maelstrom209

What do you use to wash your back?

I have problems reaching some areas of my back so I was wondering what are some good products to use to help wash the back. I use a body brush but I don't want to irritate my skin. Thanks for any advice!

I have problems reaching some areas of my back so I was wondering what are some good products to use to help wash the back. I use a body brush but I don't want to irritate my skin. Thanks for any advice!

I use one of those white puffs and for a product I use Neutrogema Body clear/body wash

I just use my freakishly long arms and use my hands. If you scrub with anything, even a washcloth, you can make it worse. Trial and error has taught me that, and Dan says the same thing.

I've skipped all the body washes and special soaps and shampoo and all that and for the last three weeks or so I've been using Dove Cool Moisture bar soap. Just lather and wash, like a normal person, and rinse. No leaving it on, no scrubbing, no joo joo voodoo dances or chicken sacrifices. Then use an AHA Lotion after you dry off.

If you cleanse gently and use an AHA every day, it will reduce your acne. You just have to be consistent (my biggest problem for YEARS - I wouldn't ever do anything consistently).

Good luck.

buf puff body sponge. i bought the handle the the first time and now i just switch the sponge when i need to. this thing is magic. i have facial buf puf facial sponge as well. and use head and shoulders shapoo as body wash (it has zinc which is good for acne). when i used this method my back acne decreased.

i no longer have any, but i just think i outgrew out of it rather than this method. but this body sponge is awesome. i get it from drugstore.com or amazon. you can't find it in stores.

I know were not supposed to, but I use the salicylic acid walnut scrubs (and yes, I know I'm just washing the acid away, but whatever).

Seriously, I could use that stuff on my face everyday and it would be fine, my skin is like mutantly resilient or something. But I don't, because of the (very reasonable) warnings that it can cut and tear skin with its jagged edged particles.

But.. the skin on my back is so rough and thick that I really couldn't give a crap. I physically exfoliate like crazy with a washcloth and walnut scrub, and later a shower poof and dove body wash to make sure i get all the walnut shell pieces off... and that alone takes me from pretty bad bacne to "okay, I can go out in public with my shirt off now." Slathering on some glycolic acid cream gets me completely clear.

About reaching, I can get everything pretty well with a washcloth and some concerted effort. I tried a loofah on a stick for a while, but it just couldn't do the job... I actually broke it off and had to superglue it back on like 5 times :wall:

I think walmart has a product really similar to the body buddy that Dan recommends, but it has a loofah sponge built into the entire length. So you can grip both handles and really get in there. I used it for a while, but just got annoyed - still wasn't aggressive enough for me.

Damn I ramble.

Gluck!

Edited by greentiger87

I use my hands and wash with my facial cleanser- Neutrogena Extra Gentle. Seems to be working fine. I wash my back last to get off any residue left from conditioning my hair.