Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

scratch for allergy, blood test

ALCAT MRT for sensitivitys

There are some more and its expensive. Elimination diet can work but its hard and takes a lot of time.

Edited by joris

You should know that an ALLERGY is not the same thing as a SENSITIVITY. An allergic reaction usually occurs within 20 minutes of eating a certain food. A sensitivity or intolerance can occur up to 78 hours later.

Only 3% of the population has allergies. But up to 20% of the population has sensitivities or food intolerances.

A RAST test (scratching or pricking the skin) is for allergy testing.

ALCAT, EnteroLab and MRT testing is for food sensitivities or food intolerances.

Personally, I would pick an MRT test over an ALCAT test. The MRT test was created about 15 years after the ALCAT by the same co-creator of ALCAT. The ALCAT test has an accuracy rate of 86% and a reproducibility rate of 47%. There have been posters who said that ALCAT pinpointed about 50% of their food sensitivities.

ALCAT testing can be done here: www.ALCAT.com

MRT testing, on the other hand, has an accuracy rate of 92% and a reproducibility rate of 94%. Both are done via a blood test. MRT testing can be done here: www.NowLEAP.com

Both tests are about $500.

There is a third type of sensitivity testing that is done via stool sample. I did this type and it accurately told me that I was sensitive to gluten, yeast and soy.

It can be found here: www.EnteroLab.com

Good luck!!