Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
caliguy112

Little outbreak at the begining of 5th month.

I have a little outbreak going on but it's pretty small. I mean like 4-5 little tiny red bumps and only 1 has had a little whitehead on it. They go away in like 1 day though. Should I be worried about this if i want to end at 5 months, or should i go 6?

it depends on how severe your acne was to begin with really! but (from what i've read) it's best to be on accutane for that bit longer to lessen the chance of a relapse, so if I were in your position i'd definately go for the six months- hopefully you wont ever have to be on accutane again :)

I don't have bad acne and I'm preaty sure it was caused by just eating crap for 2 days. There all gone now so it was really small. I just have persistant acne, but I really want to end after 5 months because about 2 weeks after I end I have college orientation for 3 days where we stay in the dorms and I don't want to be the only one that has to stay in the shade and put sunscreen on, lol. Thanks for the advice though, I'm still going to try to end at 5 months.

Don't freak out, but don't expect 100% porcelain skin forever either. A pimple here or there, and even tiny outbreaks like yours are common during and after a course. What's not a good sign is if you're getting breakouts that are consistent and increase in severity. Just see how this goes. Keep in mind that lots and lots of folks get breakouts until the very end, but see improvement after the course is finished. There are many stories like that in the Logs section.

I don't have bad acne and I'm preaty sure it was caused by just eating crap for 2 days. There all gone now so it was really small. I just have persistant acne, but I really want to end after 5 months because about 2 weeks after I end I have college orientation for 3 days where we stay in the dorms and I don't want to be the only one that has to stay in the shade and put sunscreen on, lol. Thanks for the advice though, I'm still going to try to end at 5 months.

sorry to tell you this but you do need to keep putting sunscreen...

my derm told me to forget this summer to have greater results and you after 2 expect to be fully recovered...

sadly you wont be...

Since you cant still go out in the sun i would advise you to end your course

put sunscreen