Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I received my first prescription for isotretinoin today. I was prescribed Sotret, but Walgreens said they can't even get it. They gave me Claravis. Anyway, 30 days from today falls on a Saturday (July 17th) so the receptionist at the doctor's office said I can't come back until Monday the 19th. If I started my pills today, I would be nearly 3 days without pills before I can get my next prescription. The doctor's offfice says I can't come back before 30 days and that it's OK to go days without pills. Has anyone encountered this? I wonder if this will happen every month. I'd rather be consistent in taking the medication. I was thinking of waiting a week or so to start so I don't have that problem. However, I'm off work next week and would rather see what side effects I may have during that time. I was also very excited about beginning treatment. Please advise. Thanks!

Edited by SinkingIsland

As long as you reach your cumulative dose at the end of 5-6 months I think that's all that matters.

Isn't much you can do, some things are out of your control. You're not able to arrange the appt.

the week that your prescription runs out (Mon-Fri of the week of the 17th)?

Only thing I can think of is skipping a day of taking a pill a few times to save for the amount of days you'll be without pills so that you don't go as long without a dose.

I tried to arrange the appointment on Friday the 16th, but they said I can't because 30 days must elapse. The 16th would be my last day of pills had I started them today. Thanks for the advice!

Edited by SinkingIsland

When I picked up my first pack, I counted the days until my next office visit and realized it was like 31 or 32 days away, and I only had the 30 pills. It was hard after waiting so long to get this prescription to wait any longer, but I made myself wait one day to start the pills. Also, to stretch them out without skipping full days I sometimes go 36 hours between pills instead of 24. If you do that 2 times, you stretch your pills out a day.