Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ycgirl

I'll never be able to get over it.

I just wish I had perfect looks so bad. Perfect skin, perfect hair, the perfect body, perfect personality, the perfect life. I know perfect is impossible, but you can come pretty damn close. And I know I've said this over and over again, but I just can't seem to get over it. Seeing girls who have that. I want to be them so bad. I just wish so bad that I could start life over again. Spin the wheel again and see where I land. You can tell me I'm pretty and nice and whatnot, but that's not going to change anything because I just have a hard time seeing it and I'm not sure how to change that.

I just read this post to my husband, and he said he *excuse the language* f*cking hates the perception of perfect, because people try to live like sheeps and be carbon copies of these unreal and unobtainable images you see in magazines, where all imperfections are airbrushed, curves are digitally enhancd, and everyone is done up to the nines to look flawless. It's creating an unrealistic image of beauty, and it's damaging everyone who does not feel they are as "perfect" or "beautiful" as these people.

Please do not associate people who look "perfect" to have perfect lives. They never do, because nobody has a perfect life. More often than not, WE have less problems than they do (models, celebs). They may have looks and money, but hardly ever do they find true happiness. I know you said to not say you are pretty, but you ARE! Do you have a boyfriend or husband, if so, guess what? You ARE perfect, you're THEIR perfect, you are perfect for them, and they chose to be with you because you are their perfect. When my husband tells me "hunny, your perfect you know?" I always say, NO I'm not! He always says, "Well, your my perfect!", and I can agree with that! : )

One lil last thing, do you know who Heidi Montag is? She too wanted to be perfect, perfect life, perfect body, perfect face, and now she's a hot mess. She's so engulfed with trying to be perfect that her marriage fell apart, and she's delusional and belongs in a nut house! That's what these unrealistic perceptions of what woman "should be" are doing to girls/woman... Making us feel like we constantly need to be perfect. When there is no such thing.

Edited by smartie

I just read this post to my husband, and he said he *excuse the language* f*cking hates the perception of perfect, because people try to live like sheeps and be carbon copies of these unreal and unobtainable images you see in magazines, where all imperfections are airbrushed, curves are digitally enhancd, and everyone is done up to the nines to look flawless. It's creating an unrealistic image of beauty, and it's damaging everyone who does not feel they are as "perfect" or "beautiful" as these people.

Please do not associate people who look "perfect" to have perfect lives. They never do, because nobody has a perfect life. More often than not, WE have less problems than they do (models, celebs). They may have looks and money, but hardly ever do they find true happiness. I know you said to not say you are pretty, but you ARE! Do you have a boyfriend or husband, if so, guess what? You ARE perfect, you're THEIR perfect, you are perfect for them, and they chose to be with you because you are their perfect. When my husband tells me "hunny, your perfect you know?" I always say, NO I'm not! He always says, "Well, your my perfect!", and I can agree with that! : )

One lil last thing, do you know who Heidi Montag is? She too wanted to be perfect, perfect life, perfect body, perfect face, and now she's a hot mess. She's so engulfed with trying to be perfect that her marriage fell apart, and she's delusional and belongs in a nut house! That's what these unrealistic perceptions of what woman "should be" are doing to girls/woman... Making us feel like we constantly need to be perfect. When there is no such thing.

Love this ^

Hi girl, I feel the same too.

You know the feeling of having something almost perfect one day, and losing it the next day (due to the negligence of another) and berating yourself over it? Wishing you can turn back time and not commit the same mistake again.

Perhaps it is this strive for the elusive perfection that is making me miserable. But to be honest, I feel envious of girls with unblemished skin for I somehow feel that life is easier for them - whether in terms of career, or in their social and love life.

I perceive flaws on my face, the damage may be imperceptible or minor but nothing can seem to change my perception that damage is already done. It is this fixation of perfection that is driving me crazy. I think that my features are overshadowed by a blemished skin and without these imperfections, I will be prettier. And when you look prettier, you are perhaps more likeable, making things in life smoother and easier for you. Is my perception wrong?

I guess the reason why I feel so miserable lately is because of the sudden realisation that hey, I haven't had any real suitors for a long while ever since my skin is "damaged". That must mean something, doesn't it.

Sigh.

Everyone in their own right is perfect. Perfect is not looking good, its being good.

ycgirl, you want happiness, not perfection. And obviously the route to happiness is clear skin, something of which we all want.

What's so great about being perfect?

Then there's nothing unique about you left. Don't dwell so much over it. Accept yourself for who you are and you'll be fine.