Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vuvu

Is 30 mg/day of Isotretinoin a low dosage?

A typical dose for your weight is around 60-70mg.

Many derms start you out at a low dose the first 1-2 months to see how your body reacts

and so you don't get a severe IB just starting out.

A typical dose for your weight is around 60-70mg.

Many derms start you out at a low dose the first 1-2 months to see how your body reacts

and so you don't get a severe IB just starting out.

I'm 150 pounds and my derm started me off on 80mg per day. Different derms have different styles of how they will treat their patients.

Edited by Jxr

Im also on 30mg/day and I also weight around 70kg. It is a dose that is on the lower side, but I think it could work, although there is a higher chance that the acne will come back. I think you and me might have found a derm where they go with a low dose treatment, in the interest of maintaining your health (and decreasing side effects).

I don't know what the heck it is, but it seems like a lot of derms are starting off on a lower DOSE.

Yes, 30mg a day is a low dose, unless you are a fairly light individual :).

If you research recommended dosing for accutane, they will alll say about 60-80mg STARTING for your weight range, 70kilos.

I'm 80 kilo's and my derm started me on 40mg a day which I'm furious about being that I've had 2 previous courses @ 80mg a day with great results and minimal side effects.

Possibly derms are adapting new guidelines to ensure that they ease you into the medication to limit side-effects. That's just my opinion.