Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest beccaboo00

I really need help and no ones helping

Guest beccaboo00

I just signed up to this site because I need help.

A lot of people have this problem too and I read a lot of stories but despite those stories I can't stop.

I had a good time where I barely touched my face and it only had a few scars which were slowly fading.

Earlier this week I picked 3 spots and today I peeled off the scabs early which left my skin lighter in color but sore and larger in size.

I want to stop because it ruins my self esteem and makes me so ugly.

I can't find anything to clear my skin though it'll get clear when I first start a new product then a week or two later it'll go back to bad.

And of course from there I'll go crazy.

I need to know what I can do to help me quit.

Any tips and suggestions would be appreciated.

I just signed up to this site because I need help.

A lot of people have this problem too and I read a lot of stories but despite those stories I can't stop.

I had a good time where I barely touched my face and it only had a few scars which were slowly fading.

Earlier this week I picked 3 spots and today I peeled off the scabs early which left my skin lighter in color but sore and larger in size.

I want to stop because it ruins my self esteem and makes me so ugly.

I can't find anything to clear my skin though it'll get clear when I first start a new product then a week or two later it'll go back to bad.

And of course from there I'll go crazy.

I need to know what I can do to help me quit.

Any tips and suggestions would be appreciated.

I have definitely had this problem. I solved it by whenever I'm alone in the bathroom, I don't look in the mirror. I do my business, wash my hands, and leave, avoiding my reflection because I know if I look then I'll be tempted. Of course as girls we have to see our reflection haha so I always make sure I'm around my mom or a friend in the girls room when I can look at my face and put on mascara or something, because I know I won't pick around them.

By now I can look in the mirror and not pick anymore (:

Hope this helps (:

Guest beccaboo00

Yay it's been a few days and I've had no urge to pop the only pimple I have with the exception of blackheads which thanks to queen helene mint julep masque are almost completely gone.

My face is healing quickly opposed to how it normally does.

The neosporin brand compared to walgreens brand really makes the difference for me overnight I saw dramatic results.

Hopefully I'll stay clear.

hey there... im a skin picker as welll. and i have some scars that are pinkish light red in colour from picking and i feel so self concious about it.... about the neosporin... do you just apply it to the red mark at night and then by morning its dramatically improved??? do you use anything else? thanks in advance.

I find I'm at my worst when I'm bored. Just a bit ago I was sitting around actually contemplating going to the nearest mirror. I came the the forums instead.

Also, when I'm tempted to do something bad to my skin I do something nice instead. Like a honey or an oatmeal mask.

Guest beccaboo00

hey Jaynine9

Well my scars are like as new as they can get the scabs just fell off i put neosporin and bio oil on each of them and the next morning they look much better.

neosporin heals the skin quick and bio oil heals the scars redness both together make amazing results for me i hope you can get results too.

Guest beccaboo00

hey guys

maybe you can give my products a try they've really worked for me.

my regimen is

Morning:

Dial glycerin bar soap (i use the lemon grass one)

Dickinson pore perfecting witch hazel toner

Suave cocoa and shea butter body lotion (works just like facial lotion)

Night:

Dial glycerin bar soap

Dickinson's pore perfecting witch hazel toner

Suave cocoa and shea butter body lotion

Neosporin mixed with bio oil on scars and/or scabs

Queen Helene mint julep masque on pimple/blackheads/whiteheads anything.

The best of all is using the mint julep masque as a spot treatment works wonders in a day or two.

Guest beccaboo00

i was doing so good with not picking and i picked some small ones no big deal but my face broke out like crazy one big one on each cheek and like k on my forehead plus 2 scars big ones on each cheek which arent fading and 2 scabs on my forehead.

so if you can picture that disgusting mess youll understand why im desperate.

Im supposed to go swimming this sunday and todays wednesday idk how to get rid of all these pimples and heal my scars by then and i really dont want to go anymore.

this is ridiculous no matter what i do my face never gets better. I finally controlled my picking a little and only picked the small ones which heal in a few days but i have enormous scars from 3 that i picked over a week ago theyre not really red but a pale pink but still noticeable because the size.

please anything to heal scars scabs and pimples fast???

You won't be able to get rid of the pimples or heal the scars by next week or two weeks from now, so don't try to or you'll make it worse. What are you using right now for your acne?

Guest beccaboo00
You won't be able to get rid of the pimples or heal the scars by next week or two weeks from now, so don't try to or you'll make it worse. What are you using right now for your acne?

all im using is bar soap and witch hazel toner witch is almost all natural products

i dont want to use bp or sa or any acne cleansers im against the chemicals and only want natural things which is hard to work with.

my scars fade fast when i constantly put bio oil or honey on it but i havent had time to sit around and do that so theyre fading slower.

two of my pimples i couldnt stand and i popped them today but the marks are little and two on my cheeks have shrunk alot from me using hot compresses but my forehead is getting worse theyre all forming and super red now so im trying egg whites tonight.

i really just want to stop the ones on my forehead from getting worse and making me anxious to pop them so anything you can tell me to help minimize them at least a little would be greatly appreciated.

Guest beccaboo00

I can't stop picking my pimples i have 2 scabs with 2 pimples and 2 scars on my forehead. one scar and one scab on each cheek.

they're all so red and i look so ugly.

that stupid "stop looking in the mirror" thing doesn't work and no one is giving me any advice that's useful.

i hate what i do to myself and i bet a lot of people feel the same way but cant find a good method to stop.

please anything would be appreciated and any methods of faster scab and scar healing would be great too.

i want the face that i had a year ago back it was always nice and i never picked.

the first pimple i picked left a huge mark which went away but since then i've only picked more and more.

this needs to end but i just cant seem to find a way out.

please to all of you like me we need to help each other.

YES. it may not be fast but i just posted a thread a few mins ago. i found my cure for acne. i'm pretty confident this will control my acne. read it. it's just 4 simple things i put down. the number 1 thing is removing milk out of my diet for me. and im not just saying the simple things like wash your face 5 times a day. NO that doesn't work like people say.

I'll second what bek_cogent said. In addition you might like to try emu oil on your red marks, that stuff is amazing. If you do a search on here you'll find heaps of positive reviews.

I can't stop picking my pimples i have 2 scabs with 2 pimples and 2 scars on my forehead. one scar and one scab on each cheek.

they're all so red and i look so ugly.

that stupid "stop looking in the mirror" thing doesn't work and no one is giving me any advice that's useful.

i hate what i do to myself and i bet a lot of people feel the same way but cant find a good method to stop.

please anything would be appreciated and any methods of faster scab and scar healing would be great too.

i want the face that i had a year ago back it was always nice and i never picked.

the first pimple i picked left a huge mark which went away but since then i've only picked more and more.

this needs to end but i just cant seem to find a way out.

please to all of you like me we need to help each other.

I have ordered wound be gone hydrophilic scar gel but I haven't got it yet so I dont know if its any good. I'm going to use it post excision for scar healing. It won't heal scars already healed over and like I said I dont know how it will go on new ones yet. A GP felt really sorry for me years ago (weeping wounds from picking and he knew) and gave me a script for neosporin - cant get it in Australia anymore and I heard its going to script in the states soon. Its very very good for wounds but I think you can get immune. I haven't had it for years but got some from a friend in the States recently. There is a warning for nerve deafness for prolonged use I think but dont quote me. its been a few years.

Take a breath, two scars on your forehead - what I would give if thats all I had. Sorry. Maybe look at excising them? Picking is a vicious cycle - been there done that and have the scars to prove it. This forum is gold for help and support. Read more as most picking is anxiety based. Do you know what is the underlying cause? Try and be gentle to yourself and find someone to talk to - someone who won't hurt you or put you down or try and heal you instantly because they are uncomfortable with the habitual nightmare of it all.

Kindest regards Ann-marie.

Becca, I understand exactly how you feel. I'm in your posistion right now. My doctor shrugged me off when I begged him for help with this disorder (compulsive skin picking or CSP). Remember that you're doing the very best you can at this very moment, so don't beat yourself up if you do pick. Practice is what makes you better at painting, playing piano and running. Practice is what will make you better at not picking.

A few suggestions for the scarring (I haven't tried them all, but have heard they work):

- White viengar applied to the scar before bed. Leave it on.

- Lemon juice. Apply with a cotton ball and let it sit for 3 minutes or so.

- Microdermabrasion.

- BioOil. Sold in drugstores and online. Read packaging for directions.

- Avon's banishing cream. I have used this, and I have seen a lot of improvement. I use it in the mornings, over the BP on my face and directly to my arms, where I pick most of the time. Now, I've still been picking, so, I still have scars. But they don't last long, as long as I'm using this daily. You can buy it here:

Keep up with preventing the acne in the first place. If you don't break out, you'll be less likely to pick.

Cut your nails short. Paint them! It makes the tips duller, so you do less damage to your skin (most of the time).

When you see something you want to pick, band-aid it with some medicine or use a spot treatment. Your body knows what it's doing, so let it do it's job. :)

Remember, you are worthy of love, and you've got to start showing yourself that! Take care of your body; eat well, exercise, don't do crazy drugs. If you pick because of an anxiety disorder, seek treatment. There is hope! If you suffer from a stressful life, take it easy, find a way to release that tension besides on your skin!

Some people wash their face in the dark.

Some people wear gloves or put band-aids over the fingers they use to pick.

Keep something around to keep your fingers busy (a stress ball, crocheting, maybe writing, or a tangle [go here:].) Personally, I like tangles a lot. They are so much fun!

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help!

Hi beccaboo00:

I've merged three of your threads together so it'll be easier for you to find the good advice you've already been given.