Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aliass

Has anyone here replaced BP with AHA+ ???

Hey chaps!

Even though I only use BP at night it still gives my skin a red tint and if I drink alcohol and apply it the following day I look like a strawberry!

Soooo has anyone had any success with using AHA instead of BP? Is there a chance that AHA could be just a good?

Out of nowhere BP has been making me flush as well which has never happened before and doesn't happen when I don't use BP!

Thoughts?

I don't believe AHA is main treatment for acne. While it helps bring new cells and exfoliate the skin, I believe BP is better in treating acne.

Hello there,

I agree; BP is a better, or perhaps, a more appropriate treatment for acne. What concentration are you using? If I use anything above 2.5%, my face gets red, dry, and very irritated. 2.5% is just as effective as 5% and 10% BP, without the harshness and irritation.

AHA is a good for turning over new skin cells. I use AHA at night, after washing and applying BP. But, I don't think just using AHA would be best for the treatment of acne. I think they work wonders for the skin together, however. :)