Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jcwell

Do not buy anything before you read this first

I believe that the first thing that you should invest in is the knowledge to cure acne.

I used to suffer from severe acne and right now I am acne free. I had spent thousands of dollars on over the counter acne products that are not useful and all it did is to burn a hole in my pocket.

I also tried visiting the dermatologists, however they did not help me to cure my acne too.

I went to to did my research and I am shock to find out about the results from my research.

Most acne products don't work regardless of their price and visiting the dermatologists may be worse as the antibiotics they prescribe can worsen your acne condition in the long run.

To treat your acne fast and permanently, you should not try to treat your acne from the inside out. Treating your acne from the inside out is like trying to kill the mosquito with a swipe when the most effective way to kill it is to remove the stagnant water from the bucket.

Acne happens when your body is not in balance and there are hormonal changes that lead to oily skin and blocked pores.

Acne creams does not help to remove these ailments and the only way you can do it is to embrace natural treatments that starts with altering your diet and ensuring you receive adequate nutrients.

Once I get this and follow through, my acne disappeared in weeks and it haven't come back at all. I still suffer from occasional break outs but my severe acne is gone for good.

I recommend that you go learn more about holistic or natural treatments for acne instead of relying too much on acne products that you can find over the counter. If you are interested in natural treatments, I am willing to share. You can visit my blog to find out more, drop me a reply or pm and I will gladly assist.

Cheers,

Joseph

This may work for some people, but not for everyone. And acne is due to hormonal imbalances, however, acne is mainly caused by bacteria that like to eat the oil on the skin. This method of trying to become clear has worked for a few people on this site, and many have tried it but failed.

Moved to Nutrition and Holistic Health. I suggest you also peruse the board rules...

This may work for some people, but not for everyone. And acne is due to hormonal imbalances, however, acne is mainly caused by bacteria that like to eat the oil on the skin. This method of trying to become clear has worked for a few people on this site, and many have tried it but failed.

unfortunatly we do not know what acne is really due to yet, but drugs treat various aspects of what we know. im not endorsing any standard treatment by medical science at all, im against all of it. there is no one cause for anything, everything that is ever in existence is multifactoral. the current treatments are based on the current poor understanding of acne and the logic of the human body.

Edited by AutonomousOne1980

The reason you get acne is is because something within your body is incorrect, may it be immune, digestive or hormonal, there is no evidence to suggest humans were ever born with acne and it is not part of our genetics, it is self inflicted.

My personal view is that it has something to do with diet, more specifically insulin and the effects of grains, but possibly more importantly is the horrible balance of omega 3 to omega 6 fatty acids. Omega 3 is hands down one of the most important factors of human health, needed for correct brain function, bone structure, immunity and hormone control.

Coincidently, probably around 90% of people have a shocking balance of about 10:1 in favour of omega 6, and in most of the US/UK 20:1.

Edited by ben90

This may work for some people, but not for everyone. And acne is due to hormonal imbalances, however, acne is mainly caused by bacteria that like to eat the oil on the skin.

Actually, the bacteria is the least important factor in acne formation. The first stage and most important factor is hyperkeratinization and hyperproliferation which leads to skin cells not shedding properly and clogging pores. They believe this tendency is genetic, one of the ways we are genetically prone to getting acne.

The androgen hormones trigger oily skin, but oily skin doesn't necessarily lead to acne. There are people with oily but clear skin and people with dry skin and acne. It's the quality of the sebum or how sticky the sebum is. If it flows freely, it doesn't stick to skin cells and clog pores. Adding the right oils to your diet can help this.

hyperkeratinization and hyperproliferation : if that is so, why BP works in Dans Regimen?

It's exfoliative also. That helps with both hyperkeratinization and hyperproliferation. So BP helps in multi-factorial ways: against bacteria and helps skin shedding via exfoliation.

Acne is a chronic inflammatory disease of the pilosebaceous units. Traditional etiologic factors include increased sebum production, ductal hyperkeratosis, abnormality of the microbial flora within the pilosebaceous unit, and mediators of inflammation.
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/458337