Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
californiaEstie

WTF Keratosis Pilaris?!

Hey there everyone!

So I have keratosis pilaris on my arms, legs, and shoulder and kind of on my back. I'm f'ing pissed because it is starting to kick up just as my vacation is coming up. I am going to be wearing tank tops, shorts, and bikinis. NOT OKAY. I am going to Disneyland with my boyfriend which has some of the prettiest undressed girls ever! I saw it last year with my own eyes. I don't want to try and compete with girls who have flawless skin ALL OVER their body. :( I don't want to be so self conscious but with all these bumps I feel so ugly and gross.

Does anyone have any tried & tested ways to shut this shit down? Lol I know there is no cure but something that works, if even temporarily? I'm really bummed out and I want this to be romantic not neurotic. I want to cry just thinking about it. He doesn't want to hear me whining more especially on vacation. :(:(

Thanks for reading .

Edited by bek_cogent

ughh, i totally understand.

I don't think i've worn shorts in years because of how it is on my legs, I get self conscious as it is with just having a lot of it on my arms and face.

What I do is scrub really hard with a loofah, then put either lotion or baby oil on it.

It seems to have worn them down a little, they don't seem *as noticeable* as they did before.

I've been doing this since last month because I knew summer was coming up.

The past 2 weeks i have been applying amlactin twice a day. In morning and after shower at night. The past week included st.ives apricot scrub in shower. My bumps have started to disappear slightly and the ones that are still there are starting to flatten out. I am hoping by this time next week it will be close to being completly clear on my arm. I tried retin A .01% and dans aha for a month straight and it did not help at all.

ughh, i totally understand.

I don't think i've worn shorts in years because of how it is on my legs, I get self conscious as it is with just having a lot of it on my arms and face.

What I do is scrub really hard with a loofah, then put either lotion or baby oil on it.

It seems to have worn them down a little, they don't seem *as noticeable* as they did before.

I've been doing this since last month because I knew summer was coming up.

:( I am sorry to hear that. Okay I'll try that!! I have Nivea Sheer body oil do you think that will work as well as baby oil?

The past 2 weeks i have been applying amlactin twice a day. In morning and after shower at night. The past week included st.ives apricot scrub in shower. My bumps have started to disappear slightly and the ones that are still there are starting to flatten out. I am hoping by this time next week it will be close to being completly clear on my arm. I tried retin A .01% and dans aha for a month straight and it did not help at all.

YAY okay I have amlactin too, it's just so unexciting but I will use it rigorously and see if it makes a difference. I hope it clears up for you too! Keep us posted please :)

I really like coconut oil for KP, and also Dan's AHA+. My husband's KP is quite heavy on his arms. He went through one bottle of AHA+ on his arms, and bought another one, that he hasn't really used, because his KP didn't ever come back after he used the AHA, and now he just uses organic virgin coconut oil and that seems to do the trick. I use AHA on my arms if they get dry, or a bit bumpy, and it works really really well!

I really like coconut oil for KP, and also Dan's AHA+. My husband's KP is quite heavy on his arms. He went through one bottle of AHA+ on his arms, and bought another one, that he hasn't really used, because his KP didn't ever come back after he used the AHA, and now he just uses organic virgin coconut oil and that seems to do the trick. I use AHA on my arms if they get dry, or a bit bumpy, and it works really really well!

thank you!!!!

I have been using the clearing gel 2x a day and leaving Mario Badescu drying cream on spots all day on my arms and chest. DO you guys think this will workkkkkk???? I have also been using a scrub on those areas every morning. Why did my skin have to go batshit a week before vacation :(