Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
calabi

What do you do to keep your mind off acne?

We all have those days where our mind seems to be focused on acne, 24/7. This is clearly not healthy, but sometimes you just can not help it. This is pretty much the way I have been feeling lately. It is important to find ways to keep our minds focused on more positive things though or the acne can become an obsession or depression can start to kick in.

I will start off by saying

I enjoy signing along to my favourite songs. Dancing too, when no one is looking.

I also enjoy throwing on one of my favourite movies and just relax. :D

So , my fellow acne.org friends, what do you to keep your mind off of acne? Get as creative as you like with your answers.

I wear foundation(which would be never good for acne per se) and during the day I don't worry about it because I or anyone else can't see my scars. :P

I volunteer a lot, mostly recording audiobooks for the blind or working on gardening projects. Being active in some way helps.

Edited by QuirkyPixy

- Volunteering!

- Exercise (running, tennis, tae-kwon-do, anything)

- Reading

- Singing (really badly)

- Making things

- Hanging with friends

- ect ect.

I listen to music that makes me happy, watch good television or sit down with a favorite book. Also, I've found that baking is very therapeutic for me and makes me feel better. I love the feeling of serving home-baked goods to people... because really, who can focus on your skin when you've just given them a fresh-baked loaf of bread?

playing the guitar for hours when no ones around

sitting in my yard watching the squirrles play

our just relaxing in the pool while listening to some good music

stay home, away from many friends...sadness..... i just read manga, play guitar, play violin but acne/scars are always stuck in the back of my head. i hate it

Listening to music/finding new music, playing the geetar, reading, walking, or my personal favorite - fapping furiously.

My horses are a great distraction! Also keep me motivated and get me out of bed each day,great therapy.They dont judge me and i can get on and go for a long ride in the country :)

Edited by DaisyMai

Exercise and more exercise. I game a little too online. But everytime at home i get a urge to go look in the mirror, i instead drop to the ground and crank out diff forms of push ups and sit ups. I figure if i worked out as much as i spent in front of the mirror i could be pretty ripped lol. So far its starting to work :P

-singing

-computer-ing

-away from judgemental ppl

-away from mirror/too bright environment(u know how some lightning...)

-read some motivation/inspiration quotes or stories on net

-hanging out with friends

still searching for more ways

I'd like to second pets as being great distractors/confidence boosters. My dogs think the sun shines out of my butt. The cat is not so easily impressed, but there is some mutual respect going on.

I love grooming my dogs, I become completely engrossed by it and forget about crappy things.

Getting out to a gig is wonderful too...if the band is engaging enough, past and future can disappear.

i work out as much as i can,

when my acne is bad:

i'll usually jog around the park at night

or stay home and do P90x

then rotate playing computer games/playstation 3, watching television/movies

and learning a new language through rosetta stone.

i broke out once summer vacation started... what a bummer.

once i clear up again, imma be out chilling and hanging out with all the friends most definitely.

i always remind myself that other people have it worse, and should be happy with what i have.

I record cooking shows on TV, and then I cook the recipes that work within my diet. Gotta' eat anyway, much cheaper than eating out a lot, and it's a wholesome 'hobby.' Recording the shows lets me rewind / pause as needed. And it's much more engaging / entertaining than just following recipes in a cookbook :)

I know I'm a bit late with this but I thought I'd say I know exactly how you feel.

Sadly for me, there is nothing that takes my mind off it. Reading, walking, driving, its always in my mind. Even when I have good skin days I'm thinking about when it will go wrong again! Sad I know!

Before going to see my derm I was laying awake each night thinking about what I was gonna say, constantly thinking about the list of things I had tried, blah blah blah! So I got a little note book which I take everywhere with me and it is like my acne book!

I wrote down in it everything I had tried, how I was feeling etc and it really helped!

I hope that soon, acne will be the furthest thing from our minds!