Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
-aly m

How long do i have to wait after to drink alchol?

Im off roaccutane in 10 days and I was wondering how long I have to wait too drink alchol? I'm on a 20mg dose.

you should research for how long your liver takes to get rid of vitamin excesses.

not sure how long it takes and right now i dont have much time...

Hi,

This was a question I made sure to ask my doctor as I am a bridesmaid in a wedding coming up this summer and there's all kinds of parties going on prior to the event; buck and doe, bachelorette party, etc.

I live in Canada and there is no warnings about alcohol consumption either in the actual accutane pamphlet provided in the package nor from the information provided by the pharmacy upon purchase of the medication.

My doctor's response to my questions about drinking on accutane was that as long as my blood work continues to come back from the lab showing no problems it would be okay, on occasion, to have a few drinks. Basically, don't do it often and definitely keep it in moderation.

I will say that the buck and doe for this wedding was held 2 weekends ago and I did drink. At that point I had been on accutane for 5 weeks. Normally it would take three or four drinks before I start to feel the effect, but that "buzzed" feeling comes on much quicker while taking accutane. Within a 3 hour period I had two beer and a jello shooter and I had to stop. Another thing I noticed was that even after I stopped drinking, I continued to get more drunk. It took a good hour or two after not drinking anything but water for that drunken feeling to stop progressing. It was a bit scary.

If you do drink on accutane be very careful and pay attention to the signals your body is giving you. Also, make sure you talk to your doctor or derm before drinking anything at all.

I advise you to be cautions and wait for a few more months before you consume alcohol again. See it as giving your liver a rest after months of accutane.