Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Laxer04

I'm done! Now what?

Hello everyone,

I am finishing up my 5 month course of accutane on friday! And am a little confused on what to do.

So, I haven't really washed my face in this whole 5 months, sept for if you count a shower every morning.

Should I start washing again once I'm off the tane?

Congratulations! I don't have any advice or anything, but good for you. Are you happy with the results?

In my opinion give your skin a few days or weeks to get back to its normal self. You don't want to go irritating it with cleansers.

I would say for now just just water and moisturizer.

Also, congratz on finishing. How fast is the skin redness going away for you?

I didn't change anything for the first two weeks. During that time you will notice moisture returning to your body, i.e, less chapped lips / dry skin. I think I started washing my face twice a day about a month after being off accutane and starting using a BP wash once a day / every other day about a month or a month 1/2 after being off of the accutane.

Congratulations! I don't have any advice or anything, but good for you. Are you happy with the results?

Thanks! I'd say 98% perfect happy! I mean I don't have acne so to say, but I still have 1 pimple I can see a little bit, but overall not 1(Dryness is not negative!) negative thing about accutane.

In my opinion give your skin a few days or weeks to get back to its normal self. You don't want to go irritating it with cleansers.

I would say for now just just water and moisturizer.

Also, congratz on finishing. How fast is the skin redness going away for you?

Yea I probably going to keep just using water as my face wash for a little bit and if I feel a breakout happening I'll change it up. Well today is actually the last day, I have 3 pills left to take! (I take all 3 in one day)

I didn't change anything for the first two weeks. During that time you will notice moisture returning to your body, i.e, less chapped lips / dry skin. I think I started washing my face twice a day about a month after being off accutane and starting using a BP wash once a day / every other day about a month or a month 1/2 after being off of the accutane.

Dang you went back to using bp.. Uhh I don't want to ever touch my face again. I really hope I can just wake up / go to bed and not even think about my face.

Yea I probably going to keep just using water as my face wash for a little bit and if I feel a breakout happening I'll change it up. Well today is actually the last day, I have 3 pills left to take! (I take all 3 in one day)

Ah, my last day is saturday. Hoping the redness goes away withing a few days.

I finished 3 weeks ago. My skin isn't AS dry but it's still pretty dry for the summer. My lips are no longer chapped and my eyes feel normal again. My face still has some redness though which could be due to the dryness.

Basically, you're going to have to continue being gentle with your face for a little longer. Maybe even a month.

Ah, my last day is saturday. Hoping the redness goes away withing a few days.

Gratz!! Yea the redness sucks. This is why I like winter! Not as bright out so less noticeable. My derm gave me biafine? to help with the redness etc. Hopefully it waits quickly.

I finished 3 weeks ago. My skin isn't AS dry but it's still pretty dry for the summer. My lips are no longer chapped and my eyes feel normal again. My face still has some redness though which could be due to the dryness.

Basically, you're going to have to continue being gentle with your face for a little longer. Maybe even a month.

Yea my derm told me the accutane stays in my system for another month after i'm done. But honestly I think I'd rather have my skin like yours, dry still, because I don't mind moisturizer, I hate oily skin!

Yea my derm told me the accutane stays in my system for another month after i'm done. But honestly I think I'd rather have my skin like yours, dry still, because I don't mind moisturizer, I hate oily skin!

damn >.>

I hope the redness doesn't last that long too

Hopefully your acne is gone. If not, better to find a regimen than back to accutane.

WHAT? I love accutane! I wish I could stay on it the rest of my life! Seriously, taking a pill is so easy, doing a regimen takes time and is a pain.

damn >.>

I hope the redness doesn't last that long too

Yea I hope not...

you cant wash your face?

I do put peanut butter on my face if I wanted to. I am saying I just stopped washing my face cause I let the accutane do its job. Now I'm not sure if I should start washing again.

My face washing was showering everyday...