Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am just about to embark on a regime to try and clear up my skin.

Ive just started Doxycycline and have bought some BP cream AND Bio-oil, one for the spots and one for the scars!

However, Im totally confused about when to use the products. Do I use them together? It seems weird as one is oil and one is (from what I can gather) a drying out cream. Do I use one on top of the other?

Any advice would be much appreciated

xxx

First you need to know what your dealing with, that is to say what is acne. Then, when you know BP kill bacteria and Bio Oil who knows what it does, then you use a regimen morning and night or depending on your severity, just night. If you use BP 2,5% you have to use moisturizer (you can use it in your whole face or in prone areas like I do). In the night you can use the Bio oil for instance, but do not put too much stuff in your face. Keep it simple. Is my opinion, others might differ.

Below is my regimen for instance.

Hey there - your thread caught my eye as I use BP and Bio Oil as my current regimen. Personally, I cannot tolerate BP without a heavy moisturizer. My skin dries up and flakes completely and the irritation this causes seems to result in more breakouts. I actually put some BP and Bio Oil together on one palm and then rub my palms together to mix them, then I apply the mixture all over my face. I often apply another layer of Bio Oil to ensure moisturization. Bio Oil is really the only moisturizer I have had any success with - the water based ones are not enough for my skin. Good luck!