Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
X3Kell3X

Yaz for oily skin????

hello, i was on accutane 6 months ago and my skin got better but never fully cleared but my oily skin went away and it was amazing. But now that im off accutane, the oily skin has come back full force and i still break out. However, i just cannot handle the oily skin anymore. I have to blot basically every and hour and i hate the feeling it leaves on my face.

I have been on spiro for 2 months and about a week. 25mg the first 2 months and now 50mg. I haven't noticed a difference at all. I also use differin.

I have been on Othro-tri-cyclen (tri sprintec) for a year and a half. it NEVER did anything for my acne let alone the oily skin

So ive basically given up and im wondering if Yaz with Spiro would help.

Has anyone tried this? Im desperate!!!

I also have very oily skin and did the whole accutane thing twice and am so frustrated that my skin is just so dang oily again. Its a horrible feeling, I know. I just started spiro 4 days ago hoping that it would help my oily skin on 50mg/day. anyways to answer your question my derm said you cant go on spiro and yaz at the same time because they have a similar ingredient or something like that sorry I cant remember why but I know she said its not recommended to do.

ohh gotcha. well ill ask her but ur probably right. idk spiro isn't doing that much for me... and i really want a change because its just a burden to deal with. Im constantly worrying about it in school, and running to the bathroom to blot my face. if theres anyway to fix it i wanna do it.

its weird cuz when i was on accutane i completely forgot what it was like to deal with oily skin cuz i had enough problems with accutane lol (i never fully cleared up)

My derm started me on Spiro 3 weeks ago, and I'm going to ask him to up my dosage from 50 mg to 100 when I go back for my follow-up. I've had far fewer pimples and the overall appearance of my skin has improved (it looks brighter and more refined), but it's still sooo oily. I was really hoping that would go away, but it hasn't. A lot of people take between 100 and 200 mg a day, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that a higher dosage will do the trick for me.

ya i wanna be on 100mg. but my derm is so paranoid about the bloodwork. that she makes me go on each dose for 2 months. So i was on 25mg for two months, and now i have to be on 50mg for two months. i don't want to waste two more months trying to get rid of oily skin when i can get rid of it in less time by upping it for the next month... ugh..