Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BenVsAcne

How to treat red marks whilst on accutane?

Hey

I've been on accutane for around 4 months, and it's been fantastic- however I want to stay on it 'til the end of August to lessen the chance of a relapse.

I've always suffered pretty badly from red marks, despite never having particularly bad acne (i rarely ever had cysts)- and with 3 months to go until I'm back at Uni, i really had my sights set on having completetly clear skin. Although my red marks are slowly fading, they wont be gone by the middle of septemebr at the current rate.

So I was just wondering if there were any viable options to fade red marks whilst on accutane? I DONT want to try a whole host of products- just something simple. I have AHA, but apparently it's a very bad idea to use it whilst on accutane. I have EMU oil too- would that work at all? I've read conflicting things really, and haven't seen results for anyone that has A LOT of red marks (covering my left and right cheek)- I just don't want to make things worse that's all!

Any ideas? Thanks :)

I've heard that EMU oil is the only sensible option while still on the drug. Even then, I guess its hit or miss.

I'd rather have a bunch of red marks than have ugly active pimples!!

On a side note, around what month/week did you notice your skin clearing up nicely?

I've heard that EMU oil is the only sensible option while still on the drug. Even then, I guess its hit or miss.

I'd rather have a bunch of red marks than have ugly active pimples!!

On a side note, around what month/week did you notice your skin clearing up nicely?

thanks for the reply :)

I started seeing a real difference about 5 weeks in (when on 40mg), but still had a few actives. since switching to 60mg (about 4 weeks ago) my skin has improved further, and i've had no actives for a week or so now. I've done 16 weeks, and had a few cysts just before i started, alot of red spots (not cystic but not whiteheads) and alot of red marks!

Let me know if ye got any q's- I'm not expert but y'know :)