Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

It's weird but every time I've taken accutane...my acne and oily skin comes back pretty much right away (I've taken it 4 times in 12 years). It seems like every time it comes back my acne is worse than it was before. Then I freak out and go back on it again. Is it possible that this breakout is due to all the oil suddenly pushing through my pores? Seeing as how they had been "shut off" for so long...maybe this is just a temporary thing until my skin adjusts to being oily again. I'm confused. I'm thinking this time when I come off I'm just going to wait it out (try my best) and hopefully things will get better. Or I can try weening myself off slowly and using BP or something. Any thoughts?

It's weird but every time I've taken accutane...my acne and oily skin comes back pretty much right away (I've taken it 4 times in 12 years). It seems like every time it comes back my acne is worse than it was before. Then I freak out and go back on it again. Is it possible that this breakout is due to all the oil suddenly pushing through my pores? Seeing as how they had been "shut off" for so long...maybe this is just a temporary thing until my skin adjusts to being oily again. I'm confused. I'm thinking this time when I come off I'm just going to wait it out (try my best) and hopefully things will get better. Or I can try weening myself off slowly and using BP or something. Any thoughts?

Uh this is not what I wanted to see today =( I am done with my first course and hopefully last course of accutane on Friday. I'm sorry this happened to you, and am now seeing your logic in the oil being cut off and coming back strong! My skin was super oily before accutane and what you are saying makes sense. I will be watching this post, in hopes someone has an answer for you. Hopefully this is your last course!