Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I still have a lot of dark red marks left over from severe acne...and I'd like to exfoliate as often as possible, but I know that sometimes it can do more harm than good if you do it too often.

Soo....do you guys think that 3 days of full rest (no exfoliating) would be good enough between each exfoliating session? Exfoliate on Monday, and then do it again on Friday? Or maybe 4-6 days? I'd really like to do it as often as possible since it's probably the best natural way of getting rid of the red marks since it removes dead skin cells.

All input would be appreciated.

I still have a lot of dark red marks left over from severe acne...and I'd like to exfoliate as often as possible, but I know that sometimes it can do more harm than good if you do it too often.

Soo....do you guys think that 3 days of full rest (no exfoliating) would be good enough between each exfoliating session? Exfoliate on Monday, and then do it again on Friday? Or maybe 4-6 days? I'd really like to do it as often as possible since it's probably the best natural way of getting rid of the red marks since it removes dead skin cells.

1x or 2x a week is good. You don't want to aggravate the marks. :) I have been putting on Neopsporin and argan oil like all day for a week and they are so much better.

1x or 2x a week is good. You don't want to aggravate the marks. :) I have been putting on Neopsporin and argan oil like all day for a week and they are so much better.

Ok cool thanks, that's what I figured.

One more question...the exfoliator I use is called "Alba papaya mango exfoliating body wash"....and yesterday I looked at the ingredients and noticed that benzoyl peroxide was listed. Is this normal for peroxide to be in exfoliators? I heard they darkened red marks? Should I get another exfoliator if that's the case?

No responses to my last question, so here's another one:

I dug out 2 more "exfoliating products"

1.Neutrogena Deep Clean Gentle Scrub

2.Clean & Clear Morning Burst Detoxifying Facial Scrub

On both of these products, it says they can be used daily....so would it almost be pointless to use these as exfoliating products since they probably don't truely "exfoliate" since it says you can use it everyday? Real exfoliating products would say to only use them 2-3x a week right?

On both of these products, it says they can be used daily....so would it almost be pointless to use these as exfoliating products since they probably don't truely "exfoliate" since it says you can use it everyday? Real exfoliating products would say to only use them 2-3x a week right?

Nope, they can work. Products that say 2-3x are just a bit stronger I think. But either way with acne prone skin, I would do 2-3x. And I wouldn't use a body scrub to do it... for now. Scrub, Neosporin, and argan oil :)

Nope, they can work. Products that say 2-3x are just a bit stronger I think. But either way with acne prone skin, I would do 2-3x. And I wouldn't use a body scrub to do it... for now. Scrub, Neosporin, and argan oil :)

Do you really feel neosporin helps fade red marks? I've been using vitamin e oil/aloe vera nonstop, and I'll be adding in emu oil in a few days to the regimen. I may add in the neosporin as well if you think it really helps.

Do you really feel neosporin helps fade red marks? I've been using vitamin e oil/aloe vera nonstop, and I'll be adding in emu oil in a few days to the regimen. I may add in the neosporin as well if you think it really helps.

Hmm, well how has that been going? That seems like a lot if you add it in. Maybe if the other stuff doesn't work you can add it?

Hmm, well how has that been going? That seems like a lot if you add it in. Maybe if the other stuff doesn't work you can add it?

It's going decent. I feel like they're getting fading a bit. I've been staying indoors basically all day besides the times I absolutely have to leave the house like going to the gym, store, etc. I'd be thrilled if I could get all of these faded before college starts back up...that would make up for the summer that I was stuck inside all day haha. It's been tough.

It's going decent. I feel like they're getting fading a bit. I've been staying indoors basically all day besides the times I absolutely have to leave the house like going to the gym, store, etc. I'd be thrilled if I could get all of these faded before college starts back up...that would make up for the summer that I was stuck inside all day haha. It's been tough.

Well I am glad to hear that!! Are you staying in because you don't like the way they look or you are trying to heal them faster?? I'm sure they will look CONSIDERABLY better by the time you get to college. And college for me has been way better in terms of acne self consciousness than high school.So yay, hopefully for you too :D

Well I am glad to hear that!! Are you staying in because you don't like the way they look or you are trying to heal them faster?? I'm sure they will look CONSIDERABLY better by the time you get to college. And college for me has been way better in terms of acne self consciousness than high school.So yay, hopefully for you too :D

I've been staying in for them to heal faster. I actually have pretty good confidence, much better than what I had in high school. I was probably the most social guy in all of my college classes; I just want to be able to look at myself in the mirror and see a clear face. That will be one of the happiest days of my life :) Ahhh... the simple things in life =)

I'm glad to hear college has been better for you as well! What have you done different from in high school, just wondering? I feel like I've just developed better social skills.

I've been staying in for them to heal faster. I actually have pretty good confidence, much better than what I had in high school. I was probably the most social guy in all of my college classes; I just want to be able to look at myself in the mirror and see a clear face. That will be one of the happiest days of my life :) Ahhh... the simple things in life =)

I'm glad to hear college has been better for you as well! What have you done different from in high school, just wondering? I feel like I've just developed better social skills.

Aw, well slather on a shit load of sunscreen and go out once in awhile, I don't think it'll hurt. Good for you!! That is awesome :] Hard to come by. You will get there one day soon!

Hmm. That's a good question. Well college is good in the aspect that I don't think people care if I have acne or not. I don't really feel like anyone is looking at it/judging. Other than that, idk, I'm pretty quiet :(

Haha I may if I absolutely have to. I've turned down too many offers to go swimming because I want to stay inside for all this to heal haha..it really sucks pushing people away but oh well. I'll probably go a couple times.

I think sometimes we overjudge our acne...I mean it may be bad, but I don't think others really care a whole lot. I've met more people (particularly girls) in the one year of college than I did high school, and one of my best friends I met in college. I think having a clear complexion would give us even more confidence though :)