Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
drew2727

Just started

Hey everyone I have been using this website for quite sometime but haven't activated my account until now. I chose to put this topic in this area because I just started the regimen and had a few questions regarding it.

Quick background..

I have been on tons of acne related prescriptions I have been on accutane twice for 6 months each time and have been on endless topical creams.

I decided to start the regimen just recently because despite what I've been prescribed my skin is quite receptive to what I put on it but I just can't seem to completely get rid of my acne.

Ok so my questions..

I have alot of blackheads on my nose and haven't been able to get rid of them.. I read that this regimen can get rid of them in due time.. Is this true? And about how long did it take for you? Any tips?

And also, I only seem to get acne on my cheeks and around my mouth no where else. Why is that? If my skin is prone to acne wouldn't it appear in other areas like my forehead or chest and back? Its only on my jaw line. I would normally assume that this is due to shaving but everytime I shave my face looks better for the next couple of days.

Any advice/tips about the regimen would be much appreciated thank you.

The best advice I can give is to follow the regime precisely and be patient with it.

As for blackheads, Benzoyl Peroxide does not it inself clear them, although you may find your blackheads reduce due to the drying effect of BP. Either way, I would focus on treating your acne first and then see if your blackheads have improved.

Its very normal for acne to be only concentrated in one area of someones face.

Alright thanks for the advice. I'm really good about following regimens so we shall see how this works out. Even after my skin was clear from accutane the blackheads didn't seem to get any better so I guess I'll have to deal with them a different way.