Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey everyone -

Question for you - I recently started using Dan's AHA+ on my skin, and as a whole, I really like it. I tried using it as a spot treatment on a little tiny zit, and after having the AHA on it for a few hours, the thing blew up the size of a dime. I took it off immediately, and put a little clay mask on it, and it calmed it down a lot. It's still pink and a bit swollen, but it doesn't hurt at all?

Has anyone else had this type of a reaction? This pimple wasn't anywhere near a cyst or a papule... and now it is just - angry!

I use AHA a lot and I don't think this is completely out of the ordinary. AHA always tends to irritate my pimples a little bit, but that irritation goes away pretty quickly. It still helps it go away a bit faster though for me.

Have you tried spot treating with it before? Did you have the same experience?

I use AHA a lot and I don't think this is completely out of the ordinary. AHA always tends to irritate my pimples a little bit, but that irritation goes away pretty quickly. It still helps it go away a bit faster though for me.

Have you tried spot treating with it before? Did you have the same experience?

I haven't tried spot treating with it before. I've just been applying it to my entire face (thin layer) at night, like Dan suggests. Haven't had any problems with it on a widespread application. When I came home from work, the red spot had a nasty white head on it. I was able to pop it safely. The entire spot is nearly flat now, just a little pink. Maybe it caused the pimple to come to a head super fast? Yesterday I went from a tiny little dot, to a massive hill in just a few hours. Weird? I think I will just stick to the clay mask for spot treating... just to be safe. :)

Thanks for sharing your experiences! I was a little concerned at first, but I'm okay now. The healing process has begin. I can't really complain, as this is the only active pimple on my face. Oh, vanity - kills me every time. ;)