Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well, here's my story. I've had acne for around 2 years now. Last November I joined acne.org, and my skin got so much better - my skin was clear! I was using lots of BP and it was really working for me.

However around March this year my skin deterioated. Today my skin is an absolute mess. I have been on the regimen for 6 weeks now and I have seen no improvement. I can assure you I have done everything exactly to the book. I have consistently used BP on my face since last November, yet my face is just horrible, and it's never been like this.

And I'm so jealous of my friends and I swear one of my friends doesn't even talk to me anymore because my skin is so bad! I try and make conversation but she just becomes so despondent and often walks away to talk to someone else - she's joked about my skin before and of course, she's never had skin problems herself. I always try and go into school with absolute confidence, however bad my acne is, but I just don't know how I can do that anymore.

I'm just so sick of it. Sometimes I think I'm doing awesome, even two days ago I though, yeah I'm doing so fucking well! Today I got up the bravery to look in the mirror - sad huh? And, well, I just cried solidly for 10 minutes. I haven't cried for 3 years. It looks terrible - it's everywhere, and everywhere I go, all these new people I meet in life are going to judge me like my shit friend.

I've just lost it completely, it's like I've run out of all options - usually I'm the one replying to these type of threads, trying to help people who are depressed. It sounds cruel but sometimes I see people in the street and I think wow, I'm so lucky my acne isn't as bad as yours. But really, it is. It's yuck, I swear some of it's even fucking purple. I have my end of school prom in a weeks time and my motivation was to get clear before then, so that I could get the courage to ask this girl to the prom and I wouldn't be embarrassed. My skin hasn't got better and, someone else asked her anyway.

Thanks if any one out there took the time to read this. I needed a place to post my feelings because I just feel like death right now. Really, thank you.

Are you seeing a dermatologist? An antibiotic would definitely help you from breaking out in my opinion.

By the way, don't worry about anyone who judges you with your acne and doesn't want to be friends with you because of it. It's their problem, not yours...and they're missing out on getting to hang out with a cool a** dude. Just keep being yourself...don't let anything change just because of a few pimples.

And I'm so jealous of my friends and I swear one of my friends doesn't even talk to me anymore because my skin is so bad! I try and make conversation but she just becomes so despondent and often walks away to talk to someone else - she's joked about my skin before and of course, she's never had skin problems herself. I always try and go into school with absolute confidence, however bad my acne is, but I just don't know how I can do that anymore.

Exact same thing that I'm going through now. Has to be the shittiest feeling I have ever felt. :wall: :wall: :wall:

Don't let others get you down. I know its easier said than done....

The constant up and downs of acne is one of the worst parts of having it in my opinion. You have it get better for a while and then you get your hopes up only to have them shot down again by a breakout.

The thought of "Well, I just need to wait a little more and I'll be clear again...and then I can do X, Y, and Z" is awful too. I can sit here and tell you that you just need to seize life and forget about your acne, but I never even got the hang of that after the years and years of my acne.

In the end of the day, all I can recommend is: Don't ever make yourself a victim, because it becomes self-defeating.

Feel free to always post here, this is a support site, especially this particular board. =)

I can empathize with you. I've been there, and regardless of if you believe me or not, it can get better. If not your acne then your perspective on it. It might take a while, and some days will be better than others, but you can arrive at a place where you have acne and you still love yourself.

As for your friend, people like that need to learn compassion. I pray that one day they do. Because I know you are a wonderful person who deserves the love of great friends. Just hang in there. <3

I'm sorry you are going through this, I have been through it myself. The only thing I can really suggest is to keep researching for relief. I tried different things, until I found a combination that worked for me. I didn't give up, even though I wanted to. I kept researching on this site, and I went to a dermatologist. Eventually, you'll find something that works.

Edited by electric_feel

Hi, well, thankyou very much for all your comments. I am on antibiotics at the moment infact and have been for the past 6 weeks or so. My Mum insists my acne is improving... maybe I'm seeing things that other people are not.

I'm using Tea Tree Oil now instead of BP. I just, I can't go to the end of year prom with flakes all around my face! That would be a worser hell than I can imagine.

Thanks again everyone, your comments helped, I guess it just proves what an awesome forum this is. I'm going to ditch that friend, take her off of my fb, what a bitch :D See you around.

I'm really sorry :( It truly does suck. But as Anne Frank once said - "Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

Things will get better, I promise. And if you get a date for the prom, or just wind up wanting to go, and your acne still persists, you could try fasting for like 3 days. It's wicked hard and I wouldn't be able to, but it clears a lot of people out for a while - worth a shot, right? :)

I hope you have a great time at prom and you make the best out of your year!

Anyone.. who makes you feel bad after talking to them, makes you feel sad, makes you feel incompetent, who makes you feel worthless is not a friend, and never will be. remember this.

I am not a new age bullshit man, I honestly believe every person is worthwhile, I believe we are all here to experience life, the ups. the downs. the sad. the good. some mans life may be full of downs.. this is no difference to a mans life full of ups. experience is experience it matters not how we perceive such experiences the only thing that matters is that we have a chance to experience life.

We can all change our outlook, our perspective, but we aren't stupid, we know the difference between luxury and loathing. to deny this is to deny our very meaning of living. 'too consume' love what is 'beautiful' to admire what is 'admired' respect what is 'respected'

the chance acne. the chance a somewhat random genetic disease effects you is anything but unlucky, it is a chance to observe from a different point of view, a luxury not many get to experience. think of everything as merely a side effect of existence. ask yourself honestly. honestly ask yourself if who you are, are you yourself not better off living the bad and good.

let's see rich and famous. 'gorgeous and beautiful' amazingly rich, amazingly wealthy, we see time and again, suicide, despair, pain and suffering. for most of everyone is involves break ups, divorce, lawyers, lawsuits;....

?our ideologies our dreams our fantasies are constructed around praise of others, the more shit you have, the more fans you have, the more followers you have.. the better you are..,.. this is in your mind from the youngest of ages... we can't deny this, we can't blame this on anyone.. this is the way it is, the way it is supposed to be..

Think of a time,. think of an age where YOU are happiest for yourself? can you think of a place? thing of a deed? think of a chore? think of a time you did something for others without need for recognition ? Can you find one? only one?

The worst thing, the worst thing, is that this thought, will only be a passing one. 'why are we for ourselves for the approval of others? why? '

this thinking is conditioned to be passed, 'we are deserved of everything we obtain, why should I share what is mine, anyone can do what i do''''

I see no difference of one who discriminates against acne, as one who discriminates against homelessness or joblessness... everything anyone ever does can be traced back to a self esteem, self worth issue. A moral issue of why am I here? why should I do Good?

In short, I read every word of you post Arcade, it is not a post of pain, not a post a struggle. it is again and again a post of existence issues,, it almost always is, and it almost always can not be answer with text. :wacko::wacko: