Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ElephantParade

Elly's Regimen Log

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxELLY'S REGIMEN LOGxxxxxx

Hello there! I just got back from the dermatologist awhile ago with a bag full of new products that I have high hopes for. I am going to keep track of the condition of my face while on these products. I am crossing my fingers that they are the weapons that will slay my acne and rescue my clear and beautiful skin once and for all.

I am a 16 year old asian female that has been struggling with acne since I was 11. Only my mom had acne, but she had a mild case. I would consider myself to have moderate-sever acne. I have used Clean & Clear, Neutrogena, ProActive, Shisiedo, Biore, and St. Ives products in the past. None of them have worked. I also have developed an allergic reaction to BP so no more BP products ever. ):

I really hope these products hope for me and that this log will help you decide whether or not you will use the same products to fight your acne. I will be updating every couple of days, or of course, if something dramatic happens.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCURRENT SKIN CONDITIONxxxxxx

I have four white heads and about three red marks on my chin. There is one giant, and persistent white head on my upper lip. I have about seven small scattered bumps on my left cheek. No bumps on right cheek, however, many black heads on both cheeks. My nose is completely infested with black heads. I have about a dozen red marks and three white heads in between my eyebrows and lower forehead. Four total white heads and one cyst on the rest of my fore head.

*Pictures will be posted once I fix my camera.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxPRODUCTSxxxxxx

GLYTONE STEP-UP MILD GEL WASH 6.7fl

This cost me $28.oo before tax.

An oil-free cleanser formulated with GYCOLIC ACID

FINACEA (Azelaic Acid) GEL 15%

Roughly $160.oo without insurance. I paid $45.oo since I had insurance

SKINMEDICA ULTRA SHEER MOISTURIZER

I paid $47.5o

Provides oil-free hydration and antioxidant protection. No SPF.

DIFFERIN (Adapalene) GEL 0.3%

$26o.oo without insurance, $55.oo with.

gloTHERAPEUTICS gloLIGHTENING SERUM

$4o.oo

Purpose: Skin Lightener

Contains: 2%Hydroquione, Kojic Acid, Azelaic Acid, Salicylic Acid

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSTEPSxxxxxx

MORNING

o1.) Wash with GLYTONE MILD GEL WASH

o2.) Apply FINACEA GEL

o3.) Apply SKINMEDICA ULTRA SHEER MOISTURIZER

NIGHT

o1.) Wash with GLYTON MILD GEL WASH

o2.) Apply DIFFERIN GEL

o3.) Apply gloLIGHTENING SERUM

o4.) Apply SKINMEDICA ULTRA SHEER MOISTURIZER

o5.) Dream about clear skin

Edited by ElephantParade

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxDAY ONE | JUNE 16thxxxxxx

LAST NIGHT

I got home midday yesterday so I was only able to go through the night process. The GLYTONE CLEANSER smells a bit weird, but that's no biggie if it helps me with my acne. The gloLIGHTENING SERUM burned my face when I put it on though. There wasn't any redness, and it went away, but the application was pretty painful.

THIS MORNING

I woke up feeling pretty good this morning. Then I went into the bathroom and saw that a new whitehead has chose to reside next to my right eyebrow. It's pretty sore. That one may have been my punishment for eating cake last nigh though. Curse my love for red velvet! Besides that, I don't see any change. However, DIFFERIN is supposed to take 4-8 weeks to work (which right now feels like forever).

The FINACEA didn't sting, but my face did turn a bit red after applying it. It went away after fifteen minutes. Not nearly as bad as the gloLIGHTENING SERUM. My face is also a bit dryer than usual, but I've read that it is normal for my face to dry out the first few weeks with DIFFERIN. I am desperately awaiting results.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxDAY FOUR | JUNE 19thxxxxxx

DRY, DRY SKIN

Okay, I didn't post the past two days because nothing really happened. It basically stayed the same. The gloLIGHTENING SERUM still stings when I put it on and the moisturizer hasn't been doing it's job. Today, the fourth day, my skin has begun to peel. Badly too. Every time I touch it, skin flakes appear. The areas I find most dry are the bridge of my nose, and the area under my eyes. Maybe it's all the other products, but I am going to switch to using FINACEA and DIFFERIN every other day until my skin can get used to it. At night, I am using jojoba oil to hydrate my skin back to a healthier condition. I am also chugging gallons and gallons of water and green tea.

Although my skin is dry, the pimples still persist. They look completely unchanged. I am still awaiting the initial breakout, though I really hope I do not get one. I can probably handle dry skin, if it's clear. But who knows, maybe the worse is yet to come...