Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jtt85

Moisturizer Not Absorbing?

So I decided to try out the Regimen - I started following it closely. I started using heavy amounts of benzoyl peroxide, and very gently applying it and then a moisturizer. It started working immediately - not a single new pimple. Two weeks later, my skin was looking good. I added jojoba oil with my moisturizer a week ago, but then suddenly, one day, out of nowhere...I go to apply my moisturizer and my skin - how do I describe this? - won't absorb it. My skin is very dry, but not really flaky. (It's dry enough that when I get out of the shower I MUST put a moisturizer on or my face will start cracking/peeling). The moisturizer just won't absorb into the skin, even after minutes of rubbing. It shows up clear as day on my skin, especially around the areas that are more dry. I added some drops of jojoba oil, but it did little or nothing. I bought a different moiturizer - the Eucerin everyday facial moisturizer SPF 30, and it hasn't fixed the problem. The benzoyl peroxide is absorbed fine, but not the moisturizer. For the last 2 days, my skin has been like this. Why did this happen out of nowhere?

Edited by jtt85

Maybe you are applying too much of it. Try using less and see if that helps.

Also, when the humidity is high I have a hard time with products absorbing. Could your environment be part of the problem?