Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Figjam

Retin-A after Accutane

Hi guys

I was on accutane for about 12 months, with a couple of months off in between, and stopped at the end of February this year. I recently had my first derm appointment since I stopped and he was really happy with my skin, as am I.

However, he did prescribe me with Retin-A to use as a maintenance to stop the acne from coming back (I don't have any active spots and have only had a few since I've stopped tane). I haven't used the Retin-A yet and I'm kinda afraid to because my skin is still very dry and quite red and I would assume the Retin-A would make that worse. Also, I don't actually have any acne right now so I'm not sure I should bother putting my skin through that if it doesn't need it?

I'd appreciate your thoughts and experiences. I don't know much about Retin-A. Thanks :D

Opps didn't meant to put this in the log section :shy:

Mods, can you move for me please? Thanks.

Retin A or another retinoid is a pretty reasonable thing to do after a course of Accutane. Other posters have used it with success. You can slowly start it out, using it once nightly every three to four days.

I'd moisturize in the mornings though to help out the dry, annoyed skin. And sunscreen! :P

Moved to Accutane posts.