Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
luvskincare13

is this guys scars considered severe?

jackiey and wynne, you both have beautiful personalities. so im sure people hardly notice the scars either of you have :)

jackiey - asking "unscarred" people about how bad our scars really are, it tends to vary. ive asked some mates and they said they cant notice them, others say my skin looks better after treatments (e.g. it DID look bad). you can always ask your mates and see what they say :)

when ive asked random people off the internet, especially on yahoo, i found they were a bit more insensitive. i guess its because they dont know you and it also attracts some immature people. many of them believe scarring is worth ending your life over and said some really hurtful things. overall i dont think you should subject yourself to that.

Edited by sydney_fellow

I don't care what other people think of my scars. They don't bother me all that much. They're better than they were. :P I'm certainly not going to ask random people to rate me OR my scars. What matters is what I think.

Sure, they're obvious but no way will that stop me from doing anything at all that I want to do. Move on with your life, there's so much to do besides worrying about scarring. Sure, fix it a bit if you can, but don't get all down in the dumps over a few measly little (or big) imperfections...that does not matter unless you're determined to be a model. If YOU think your scarring matters that much, get over it the best you can.

Thanks Sydney.

Wynn

I think your attitude is wonderful. I live a fantastic life too. Have great friends, family and I am fortunate to not have too many worries.

BUT I do have a complex with my skin. I think having bad skin really sucks. Want to improve but dont want to waste money.

I am glad I posted this question. Makes me realize that everyone percieves things differently. I guess there is really no set standard we fit in ( mild, moderate, severe) It all just depends on the person looking.

there is a set standard, go see a dermatologist and ask him what level of scaring he says you have. If you want a professional answer that is. If not your just going to get some of the bullshit responses mainly by people who think they have the worlds worse scaring yet have basicly nothing, this scar section of the forum has always frustrated me. Nobody ever seems totally honest with there thoughts, and if they think they are being, obviously they haven't been thinking about it long enough.

Mine are severe according to my derm. Still...they don't bother me greatly. Then again, she could have been just trying to sell me her expensive new laser therapy, whatever it was. I didn't inquire further. :P This was a few years back.

I hate to admit it but I do get a tad annoyed when I see persons with one tiny little barely perceptible little scar going all bonkers about it. I admit it, that is annoying to me.

I'll just point out i wasn't directing that at anyone personally, just the genral rubbish that goes on in this section, i have no issues with someone with tiny scaring that is basicly invisible making a topic looking for help about it, but when they start going on that its OMFG severe, this like you wynne, annoys me alot, the ones who do this, you have no idea how lucky your really are with your so called 'scaring'.

if anyone has a problem with what i put feel free to message me.

and i'll add if a derm says your scaring is severe then there is no argument on the matter.

edit: ive not worded that well, wynne i mean about how your annoyed when others do it, not that your doing it or anything..

Edited by o_Adam_o

That's ok, I understand your sentiments. :)

Looking for help for scarring, even if it is a small amount; that's just fine. I completely understand that, and scarring of any type is what this board is here for.

But going overboard and saying some of the wild and crazy things that some have said over very mild scarring....just walk a day in the shoes of someone with severe acne scarring. But then again, if you walked in my shoes, the scarring wouldn't bother you muchly. :P

Sure, I'd be glad to have them improved, but I am working on that and seeing some successes in that direction due to this very board! I'll never have porcelain skin but any improvement at all is a nice success for me. TCA CROSS :wub:

I remember watching some derm on TV saying he has people coming in with severe acne, and some are really depressed and others are just fine. I think skin conditions affect people differently psychologically but we should all remember we do have a choice in how we let it affect us.

Regardless of the level of your scarring if you are constantly depressed or anxious about your appearance, I'd definitely recommend counseling / cognitive behavioral therapy. I just know it helped me a lot more than I thought it would.

I remember watching some derm on TV saying he has people coming in with severe acne, and some are really depressed and others are just fine. I think skin conditions affect people differently psychologically but we should all remember we do have a choice in how we let it affect us.

Regardless of the level of your scarring if you are constantly depressed or anxious about your appearance, I'd definitely recommend counseling / cognitive behavioral therapy. I just know it helped me a lot more than I thought it would.

I'm so glad it helped you! :)

Thanks so much for all your replies. You guys have really wrote some great responses and I totally appreciate it.

I did see a derm about a year ago. Asked him that very question. He said mild, moderate at best. Then I had a facial a few months later and she said to me I have severe scarring on my cheeks. Then I saw another lady who does fillers, etc. and she said I'll I see are hypopigmentation spots (I think due to the light. It will look only like white spots on my face).

Really I am a happy person. Have lots to be thankful for but I still want to improve my skin regardless if it is mild/moderate compared to others.

I still think that this sulu guy has bad scarring. I just see it that way. Something about his skin reminds me of mine. Makes me think that maybe my skin has that degree of scarring. If my skin was actually comparable to this guys what it depress me? maybe a little. It would just get me in to see a dr. sonner rather then later and hope for the best.

Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It depends what image you have of moderate and severe in your head. To some people on this board, it seems severe scarring is literally 200 deep scars all over your face everywhere and anything less is mild. I disagree with that.

To me, the main criteria of scarring severity is how noticeable it is. That man, to me, has quite noticeable scarring (in the enlarged picture). The way I look at it, quite noticeable scarring = moderate scarring.

Edited by softly_softly