Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
flpflpfmm

effectiveness of regimen affected by change in order?

So, I have read that a few people apply (or have tried applying) moisturizer before bp. Does anyone know if that affects the effectiveness of the bp? I have extremely dry skin which feels terrible while waiting for my face to dry after washing. My derm once told me that in order to maintain the moisture level of my skin, I should always apply moisturizer within a few minutes of washing. Does anyone else do this? Does the regimen still work for you?

I've been adding jojoba oil to my moisturizer, but I'm still really dry and flaky. The issue seems to be more with how dry my skin gets just in the time it takes between washing, applying bp, and then finally applying the moisturizer.

Thanks in advance!

You might instead try applying jojoba oil right after washing before BP, followed by BP and then moisturizer. I've been doing this for 3+ years now with great results -- the BP doesn't seem to lose efficacy when applied over jojoba oil. It'll take care of the post-washing dryness and discomfort, the jojoba oil won't look too shiny (since the BP mattfies it), and then you can use as much moisturizer as you need after the BP dries.