Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Miracle1234

The sun is making my face sting way more than usual after using this regimen

I know that using this regimen will of course make my face more sensitive to the sun, but dear lord. I'm just like most of the people on this forum- trying many over the counter products over the years, but no regimen, procedure, or cream has cause my face to become THIS sensitive to the sun!

It literally does hurt, and is highly uncomfortable. I use both Eucerin face lotion with spf AND a hat.

Should I stop using this regimen? I just started it about 2 and a half weeks ago, and I only use it once a day at night because my skin would not be able to handle any more than that.

Thank you!

I went to the beach with my friend a few days ago after being on the Regimen for one week. I had SPF 30 on my face. It STUNG - and it was like 5:30 PM, so the sun wasn't even its strongest!

I've read that you need to start the regimen slow, and I simply went heavy on benzoyl peroxide immediately. Did you do the same?

It's probably because you are new to the Regimen and your skin is going through the hardening phase. It can be super sensitive to just about anything right now. Take all the precautions that you can, and maybe consider some extra jojoba oil with your moisturizer. But typically the skin gets used to the bp over time and isn't quite so sensitive (unless you normally have very sensitive skin anyway).

You might also try a stronger spf product (spf 30) and a sunblock rather than a sunscreen. With sunscreens, the sun's heat is actually absorbed but with a block the sun is blocked (repelled). Look for a sunblock with zinc oxide and or titanium dioxide. For me those work way better than the chemical sunscreens and are much less irritating.

I hope that helps.

I went to the beach with my friend a few days ago after being on the Regimen for one week. I had SPF 30 on my face. It STUNG - and it was like 5:30 PM, so the sun wasn't even its strongest!

I've read that you need to start the regimen slow, and I simply went heavy on benzoyl peroxide immediately. Did you do the same?

No I am EXTREMELY careful with this regimen, and instead of using 8 gallons of BP like this regimen demands, I use at most 4 small dabs on as many fingertips. It's enough to cover my face as well as lather it all over before it dries.

But yeah the Sun is killing me, glad to know i'm not alone haha

It's probably because you are new to the Regimen and your skin is going through the hardening phase. It can be super sensitive to just about anything right now. Take all the precautions that you can, and maybe consider some extra jojoba oil with your moisturizer. But typically the skin gets used to the bp over time and isn't quite so sensitive (unless you normally have very sensitive skin anyway).

You might also try a stronger spf product (spf 30) and a sunblock rather than a sunscreen. With sunscreens, the sun's heat is actually absorbed but with a block the sun is blocked (repelled). Look for a sunblock with zinc oxide and or titanium dioxide. For me those work way better than the chemical sunscreens and are much less irritating.

I hope that helps.

Ohhhhh I see, that makes sense. I guess I'll have to stick with it then- thank you!