Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lou93

sleeping and acne...

Ok so this might be a stupid question but i'll ask anyway...

I have noticed that on the right side of my face, there are significantly more spots (non-inflamed acne which is why i posted here) than on my left side where there are hardly any.

It just so happens that this is the side i sleep on, so in my sleep the right side of my face is constantly pressed the pillow....could this be cause as the skin is unable to breathe overnight?

I don't think that is the right answer. I think you need to change your pillow constantly because it accumulates dead skin and gets oily, which clog your pores. Also, you need to be careful with saliva flowing out of your mouth, that definitely worsen acne.

Ok so this might be a stupid question but i'll ask anyway...

I have noticed that on the right side of my face, there are significantly more spots (non-inflamed acne which is why i posted here) than on my left side where there are hardly any.

It just so happens that this is the side i sleep on, so in my sleep the right side of my face is constantly pressed the pillow....could this be cause as the skin is unable to breathe overnight?

Actually, I've heard this happens to alot of people. You can try changing your pillowcase more often (or put a new towel on it every night) or you can sleep on your back (I trained myself to sleep this way). One reason why sleeping on one side of your face can make acne worse is not changing your pillowcase often enough. All that accumulated sweat, oil, saliva, etc gathers on the pillow and then you put your face back on it night after night. Another reason could be friction from the pillow on sensitive skin.