Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MikeyMCG

Gaining weight or getting acne?

I always say to myself, why cant the risk of eating certain food be weight, not acne. I avoid almost every type of luxury food their is to avoid acne and its fkn difficult. On the other hand,i never gain any weight from eating food, and i eat ALOT of food. Im as skinny as a twig, but i have acne problems.

Why cant i be more vulnerable to weight gain then to acne? Does anyone else feel the same?

i agree with you 100 percent!!!! i have very mild acne however what i do have im very self concious about.... an i eat extremely healthy... maybe too healthly if thats possible? lol like i actually eat cucumbers and asparagus as main meals.. lol sad i know but i never gain weight. im 100 pounds and im nearly 5"6. but i'd rather put on a few pounds then have a few pimples.

I always say to myself, why cant the risk of eating certain food be weight, not acne. I avoid almost every type of luxury food their is to avoid acne and its fkn difficult. On the other hand,i never gain any weight from eating food, and i eat ALOT of food. Im as skinny as a twig, but i have acne problems.

Why cant i be more vulnerable to weight gain then to acne? Does anyone else feel the same?

LOL oh yeah I would WAY rather gain weight from bad foods than get acne from them I would trade them in a heart beat!!!!!!!! I wouldnt mind gaining a bit of weight anyway... And I'm already motivated enough to eat healthy as it is.

I'd far rather have acne than gain weight. Excess weight has so many negatives associated with it. Acne, can much more easily deal with that.

I can easily gain weight and get acne... neither is fun. I have to eat very healthy (some family members say too healthy) and I have to be very precise and careful about how I look after my skin. I exercise, which helps both problems, and try to enjoy life and be stress free, which also helps both. It can be hard -- sometimes I just want to forget about both....

Edited by TMB

Gaining weight has to do with calories in vs calories out. If you want to gain weight, eat more. Simple as that. Add some milk into your diet unless you think you'll break out from it. I've been drinking at least half a gallon a day and haven't noticed any more breakouts than what I've had in the past.

I'd far rather have acne than gain weight. Excess weight has so many negatives associated with it. Acne, can much more easily deal with that.

I could deal with acne if i didnt have scarred skin with red marks. If i had flawless skin and had acne i could deal with that with ease.

But to say dealing with acne is easier than dealing with excess weight is ridicule, i know different people have different metabolism but i could work of weight no problem.

i'd rather be 10 pounds heavier than have skin problems! i'm borderline underweight so i wouldn't mind the extra pounds :)

Much rather have acne than gain weight. I'm fat AND have acne, woo :rolleyes:

And I seriously fucking hate when people play the "oh just exercise and POOF your weight is gone it is soooo easy!!!"card -- fuck you, it's not. It's hard. Real. effing. hard. That's like me saying "oh just go buy proactive and your skin will be amazing."

I'd give anything in the world to be a skinny minnie (and still keep my curves)

Edited by Ḻyssa

I could deal with acne if i didnt have scarred skin with red marks. If i had flawless skin and had acne i could deal with that with ease.

But to say dealing with acne is easier than dealing with excess weight is ridicule, i know different people have different metabolism but i could work of weight no problem.

Good for you. Some can't. I discovered this when I got put on a medication that made me gain 30 pounds in less than six months. I've already lost some, have more to lose. My self-esteem (MINE) suffers far more from this measly extra 20 pounds than I ever did with acne or even with the scarring (indented, not red marks) that I already have.

I reckon alot of it is psychological. I tested it out, eating fried food+chocolate over the last 3 days, not a single pimple eruption *TOUCH WOOD* lol

And I seriously fucking hate when people play the "oh just exercise and POOF your weight is gone it is soooo easy!!!"card -- fuck you, it's not. It's hard. Real. effing. hard. That's like me saying "oh just go buy proactive and your skin will be amazing."

Amen sista.

I hate these threads cuz I have some extra weight and have acne.

I don't get why these threads even get made, they're pointless and I find them offensive.

Mikey if I could, I'd give you my extra weight.

Amen sista.

I don't get why these threads even get made, they're pointless and I find them offensive.

The purpose of the thread was to distinguish weight with acne based on a personal opinion, not to elaborate on the existing difficulties that both provide. What entails in the discussion based on the topic are also opinionated views, none of which aim to harm.

I am sorry if you feel that way because i understand it's different for alot of people (hence my note of difference in metabolism).

And Geeking, if gaining your extra weight meant losing my crappy skin, id happily oblige.

Losing weight does NOT have a lot to do with exercise. It's simple. Cals in vs cals out. Wanna lose weight? Eat less, but don't go on some 1,000 calorie diet. Send me a PM if you want me to help you out further. I don't have any certificate, but it's what I'm going to college for and I have helped and still am helping people reach their fitness goals.

Amen sista.

The purpose of the thread was to distinguish weight with acne based on a personal opinion, not to elaborate on the existing difficulties that both provide. What entails in the discussion based on the topic are also opinionated views, none of which aim to harm.

I am sorry if you feel that way because i understand it's different for alot of people (hence my note of difference in metabolism).

And Geeking, if gaining your extra weight meant losing my crappy skin, id happily oblige.

I understood your beginning post, and it made sense and I didn't mind it. It's just that usually these threads turn into: "OMG i'd hate to be fat, that's terrible and ugly I'd rather have my acne," "I'd rather have acne than be a fat slob."

Edited by Geeking

Losing weight isn't really "hard", it just takes a lot of time. The hard part is getting into the right mindset. Forget the myths and commercial diet programs and take the time to understand the simple mechanics of it all and it really isn't that difficult. I went from 6'4" and 290 pounds to 180-190 in like a year and a half after being overweight and completely misguided on diet for most of my life.

But yeah, this comparison between having acne and being overweight is stupid and I've seen it a lot. There are plenty of people that have to or have had to deal with both, how do you think that makes them feel? I know that you're just saying you'd rather gain weight from food than have it effect your skin, but like Geeking said, threads like this usually just devolve into comments about how much better it is to have acne than it is to be a fatty.

Edited by King Rat

i struggled with both, but

gaining weight > getting acne

because i know i could lose the weight and keep it off with exercise and dieting

and when you stick to a exercise and diet plan, it becomes an amazing lifestyle.

there is only so much you can do for acne, and can be very unexpected.