Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
brandonextraordinary

What can I use with Retin-A Micro??

I have been using Retin-A Micro at night for about 3 weeks now and I believe it has been working.

I have also been using clindamycin in the morning, as told to do by my doctor. I was using dan's dp and I was seeing amazing progress but my doctor told me to stop using it and use this, but I feel like it doesn't work at good for my as the bp does. My question is, what are the best products to use with Retin-A Micro to get the greatest improvements?

Thanks,

Brandon

i think with retin a the best products to use are gentle cleansers and moisturize.

it's a retinoid and most people don't need to be adding a bunch of other products that can aggravate your skin that will be sensitive while using it.

I would say stick to only retin a (clin. if you dermatologist suggested it and you're not having a bad reaction) for 6 weeks and then you can see how things are going. you can always switch from clin. to bp for a few weeks and see if you notice a difference. just do it slowly and give your skin enough time to tell you if it's working or not.

3 weeks is still pretty early on.

good luck!

do i apply the retin a micro on the infected areas, or infected areas and hyper pigmentation or everywhere?

Personally, my dermatologist told me to apply the medication all over my face (avoiding the skin around the eyes and the corners of my mouth). Retin-a-micro is a topical medication that affects the turnover rate of your cells, and the first few weeks/months (depending on your skin) can be pretty harsh. So use mild cleansers/moisturizers (cetaphil or cerave seem to work for a lot of people) and avoid other acne products that aren't recommended by your doctor. It will probably take months for you to see good (and lasting) results off the retin-a-micro. I've been using another form, retin-a, for 3 months and am still experiencing harsh side-effects. Hopefully it won't take you as long. Good luck!

My derm told me to use retin a micro at night and Glycolic acid in the morning.

Glycolic acid really helps with the flakiness. It removes dead surface skin so the retin will be better absorbed when you apply it in the evening.

If you have lots of pimples, maybe Stievamycin would be better than retin A micro for the moment because it has antibiotics mixed with the retin A.

I'm on retin-a micro also. My derm perscribed me duac in the morning which is combination benzoyl peroxide and clindamycin. Perhaps you could altenate using bp one morning and clindamycin the next? If this is too drying then i'd cut out the bp for good and just follow your derm's regimen.