Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lab lover

vote please! tca cross results from a doctor:

I have an appointment for a tca cross treatment but I keep doubting whether it is safe. Every post ive read has been great if performed by a doctor. I'm gonna have to stop retin-a for a while if I go through with it. Ive only been on retin-a since the end of April and I'm still in the breakout period. I was on it to help with my scars. Please tell me good or bad stories. I'm on vacation.. you'd think I shouldn't be dwelling on this topic!! Thank you. :shock:

I have an appointment for a tca cross treatment but I keep doubting whether it is safe. Every post ive read has been great if performed by a doctor. I'm gonna have to stop retin-a for a while if I go through with it. Ive only been on retin-a since the end of April and I'm still in the breakout period. I was on it to help with my scars. Please tell me good or bad stories. I'm on vacation.. you'd think I shouldn't be dwelling on this topic!! Thank you. :shock:

if you have ice pick scars and follow a good system afterwards, i think you will be very pleased with your results. most people have found this treatment to be the best one they have ever tried and have been able to leave the boards because of it. even better, since you are getting a doctor to do it, the chance of any negative reaction is minimal. i say enjoy it :)

Edited by sydney_fellow

Although I didn't have a doctor do mine, I'm happy with the results and will be doing more.

Although I didn't have a doctor do mine, I'm happy with the results and will be doing more.

nice, who did yours?

nice, who did yours?

Me, myself, and I. :P

I have a cross of icepick and rolling scars. I'm curious how long the red will last after the scar falls off. Is there anyway the red can permanently scar? Thanks everyone. Im planning on going to Dr Anil Shah located in the Watertower in Chicago.

I have a cross of icepick and rolling scars. I'm curious how long the red will last after the scar falls off. Is there anyway the red can permanently scar? Thanks everyone. Im planning on going to Dr Anil Shah located in the Watertower in Chicago.

I think my redness lasted about two weeks. I don't see why there'd be permanent PIH; this procedure was tested originally on persons with darker skin who have a tendency to get PIH more often than lighter skinned persons. Just follow the after-care procedures to the letter and wear that sunscreen.

Keep us updated on your treatment. I do my cross myself and I have had good results so far but if i could afford to have a doc do it i would. The only advice i can give you is to be very very very patient... Cross can take awhile to show good results and you have to not mess with the scabs, dont even touch them unless washing lightly and putting your after care treaments on, be very very carefull, let the scabs fall off naturally. Also, I have to warn you that you might look slightly worse before you look better with cross, since redness can last a couple weeks in the scars after the scab falls off and also if you have very very deep icepick scars after a couple of cross treaments they actually might be more noticable because either they well start to close in on themselves and therefore you may beable to see the edges of the scar more clearly or they might raise up, making the bottoms of the scar more noticable, either way they would be on their way to blending in with the rest of your skin but just realize these things when you start, it well take some time. Oh and sunscreen, sunscreen, SUNSCREEN!!!!!!!!!!!

Would this work on boxcar scars?

id say so. look up the thread by lisasface. her scars were pretty wide like boxcar scars and she said she was seeing improvement. even better, shes posted pics - so compare your scars to hers.

nice, who did yours?

Curious, where did you get your TCA? I've done TCA cross on my own scars and noticed that some of my scars looked worse, so I'm wondering if I got a bad batch. lol

nice, who did yours?

Curious, where did you get your TCA? I've done TCA cross on my own scars and noticed that some of my scars looked worse, so I'm wondering if I got a bad batch. lol

Anais corporation (100% TCA) and Platinum Skin Care (12.5 and 20% and emu oil and a sunscreen and a few other things there) Both companies emailed me back within three business days when I had a question.

You could also go to a local compounding pharmacy and ask them to make you a vial of pure, 100% TCA. It won't hurt to ask! Compounding pharmacies are where I buy my cats' medicines, too, as they can make the vet meds taste like fish or chicken or what have you. I wouldn't suggest fishy TCA though. *bleh*

nice, who did yours?

Anais corporation (100% TCA) and Platinum Skin Care (12.5 and 20% and emu oil and a sunscreen and a few other things there) Both companies emailed me back within three business days when I had a question.

You could also go to a local compounding pharmacy and ask them to make you a vial of pure, 100% TCA. It won't hurt to ask! Compounding pharmacies are where I buy my cats' medicines, too, as they can make the vet meds taste like fish or chicken or what have you. I wouldn't suggest fishy TCA though. *bleh*

A compounding pharmacy...why have I never heard of this?? Amazing! The one in my city actually creates homeopathy remedies, too. Thank you so much! :D

They may not be willing to make it for legal/liability reasons but who knows! It won't hurt to try. :)

lab lover how much is dr anil shah charging?

dr steven mandrea in lincoln park charges 100-150 per treatment. (go to him not his father)

ive done it, gave good results, i will do it tca cross and dermarolling after im done with accutane

Chicago Scar Face- sorry I just saw your post in this section now, and replied in my other post. So you have actually gone to this doc, which is cool. I already have an appointment with the other doctor, and now I don't know which doctor to see! I am waiting to hear if Leo saw the same doctor I plan on seeing. How long did your scabs stay on? So far I haven't heard anything bad about TCA. Has anyone???!!!

Anil Shah is going to charge me 200 dollars for the first treatment. It really is 300, but I had a consultation charge of 100 and that gets applied to my treatment. Yes, it is expensive!

I just read a response from Dr.Lam on his forum and he stated TCA Cross should be used only for ice pick scars (size of a pin).