Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

20 year old male here. Im trusting everyone on here to save me and finally cure my oily skin mainly around my chin which causes whiteheads and pimples. Going on this regimen vs going with Aczone and Tazarac that my highly reputable derm prescribed for me is what im hoping with finally put an end to me getting breakouts. I NEED this to work!!! I take it everyone on here recommends this regimen? Thanks!

Not everyone on these boards uses The Regimen, and not everyone that's used The Regimen would recommend it. A lot of people, myself included, would, though.

I don't know how much it'll help with oily skin, but it can definitely help with inflamed acne. : )

My only real trouble spot at the moment is my chin and under my bottom lip. Pimples and whiteheads and redness. Its either Dan regimen or aczone/tazarac. Willing to give dans a try but im at my last rope here.

as said above, no one can 100% recommend something. there's always going to be something that didn't work for someone, especially when it comes to skin, because all of us have different skin. however, the regimen has worked for a large number of people, myself included, and i believe everyone with acne should at least give it a shot, and a couple months to see if it can solve their problems too.

Cool well i started it today. Any helpful tips? Or by following dans step by step directions is the best way to achieve clear skin?

Cool well i started it today. Any helpful tips? Or by following dans step by step directions is the best way to achieve clear skin?
Should I be using the BP in the AM and PM? If only 1, which one would be the best?

?

Yep, just follow the directions as precisely as you can, including using the BP twice a day (unless your skin is really sensitive, in which case you should start out with a tiny bit, once a day for the first week before moving up to twice a day).

yup, Dan has pretty much locked down the best directions possible, so I would just follow those as closely as you can, tinkering here and there if something fits your schedule/lifestyle better.

Skin became VERY oily today after going through the regimen once. Of course that means whiteheads forming in weird places (bridge of nose and above my eyebrow) i never get those. Is this expected? My skin has always been oily, but never this oily.

Regimen> Tazarac is my personal opinion. The regimen definitely helped me with my oily skin, but was just too much to keep up with after a year and a half. Good luck though!

It took over an hour just to complete all of the steps, and I realized my skin was way too red and flaky all of the time. I gave it a little over a year and a half, and decided to call it quits. Much happier now.

What are you using now? Also can the AHA be used now or do I have to wait for my skin to adjust to the BP?

You have to wait a while for your skin to adjust to the BP. I'm pretty sure its a month? but definitely double check on that one. Now, i'm using Finacea, an oral medication, and clindamycin wipes. This was all prescribed by my dermatologist, and works incredibly well.

i would say about two weeks or so for your skin to get used to it, you might have an initial breakout in those 2 weeks as well. make sure to not get discouraged.

All I really have is red marks on my chin. Theres a bunch but the pimples have subsided. I am told and have read that BP prolongs red marks. I dont wanna deal with that. Will getting a chemical peel help the redness? I know a peel pretty much removes the outer layer (damaged) part of your skin, so Im thinking that outer layer is the red damaged layer. What about using the AHA from this site? Will that help reduce the red marks?

Edited by Murph89

most studies indicate that BP does make the healing process of a red mark slower, but it does generally REDUCE redness. also, as long as you are keeping moisturized, that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Update: I went back on the Tazarac and Aczone (I know i didnt give the regimen any time) but both of them cleared up my acne. I just had really oil skin on my chin and had a real bad break out there. So all i really have now is just redness/dryness/flaking on my chin. Tazarac is crazy stuff. Any suggestions? Im seeing my dermatologist in 2 weeks to see what he has to say. I know the redness/flaking/dryness is normal so Im pretty much just waiting it out.