Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mel24

redness with dan's bp

Hi everybody, I've been using Dan's bp for 6 WEEKS now and i can see it working. I like it better than proactive, which broke me out really bad. I only have two active pimples on my cheek now and the rest are hyperpigmentations from my previous acne. I know my skin is still getting used to the bp and there is a huge possibility that if I just continue using this, my face would stop breaking out, being red and the dryness and peeling would go away. Besides these normal irritations, I've been feeling very good about my face.. Until today.. when my coworker came up to me and said that my PIMPLES look more red?!! but i dont even have pimples there! i admit, i try to ignore the fact that my face is red because of the bp but i do look like a racoon (my housemate said) and it looks like i fell asleep in a tanning booth with my sunglasses on (coz i dont apply bp around my eyes). And so now I'm worried.. when will the peeling, dryness, specially the redness go away??? :( I'm not using the full amount of the bp yet coz i want to start slow so I'm just using it once a day at night but it seems to be keeping the pimples at bay so that's a-ok.. im using a soapless facial cleanser in am and pm and clinique dramatically different gel in am and pm after bp at night. Please, to all the dan's bp users, how long did u have to endure the irritations before your face became normal?

Edited by mel24

I'm pretty sure the redness goes away -- mine did finally after about 13 weeks (of course I had good and bad days in there) but a week or so ago I had a stretch of time that my face wasn't red at all -- but then I got a new bottle of Dan's BP because the other I was using expired and my redness and dryness is back -- the new BP must be a lot stronger. Anyway, I saw it happen, the redness goes away...now I hope it won't be another 13 weeks.

The redness and dryness will fade. Sometimes it just takes a while. I was frustrated about it too back when I was in the first few months on The Regimen. Don't give up on something that's working for you over temporary side-effects, though. Just try to be patient and keep in mind that your skin just needs time to adjust, and that the dryness and redness will subside. : )

thank you guys for responding, i got a little bit of relief. nice to know i'm not the only one that got frustrated. :) did any of you had to change your moisturizer though to stop the redness? i will hang on to this. I want to be one of those people who wrote their success stories. Maybe someday instead of crying while reading the thank you letters, i will be writing one too. I will buy my 2nd bottle soon.. good luck on your new irritation TMB.. I hope we don't have to experience this over and over everytime we buy a new bottle.. & i hope yours disappears sooner.. ;) i hope mine does finally too.. i'm tired of having multi-colored face...:redface:

Me too!

I didn't buy a new moisturizer --- I'm just waiting until my face heals.

I started this thread because I have tried so many things for acne. It almost ruined my life before, I lost my self-esteem and usually cried myself to sleep. I didnt want to go out or do anything. I missed a lot of things and I didnt like to capture important moments because I looked horrible in pictures. I used retin-a and finacea which just ruined my face even more. Retin-a helped at the beginning but these prescription drugs are just too harsh. Now I came back to this website to share how happy I am with Dan's bp.. (and also purchase my new bottle) all the redness is gone, my skin doesnt sting anymore and I am very happy that I finally got my old skin back. I only use it every night. Spot treat in the morning when I have one or two. But that's all I get. I want to thank Dan for making this bp that's so gentle to the skin. Unlike proactive is unscented. Oh by the way, I tried proactive too and the existing pimples just got itchy and bigger by the day so I stopped using it after 2 weeks. Also, I like that Dan's bp only has little amount of ingredients-only the ones that you really need. Even my husband uses it too now for spot treatment. I hope they don't ever stop this product.. This is my insurance that whatever happens, my face will still look the way I want it everyday. My husband compliments my face every now and then.. he says its smooth and soft.. which is nice. I told myself before that if something worked.. I will come back to this website and tell my story.. I did. :'-) I don't have multi-colored face anymore.. whistling.gif)

Edited by mel24