Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Okay so I know everyone has a sad story to tell when it comes to their acne. Mine is no different.

I've had acne now for many years...since age 15 and I'm now 32. It's funny b/c I always thought in the back of my mind that I would grow out of my acne in my 30's but no such luck. I've tried many things from topicals to accutane and have had limited success...as it always comes back.

The problem is that I have become such a negative person due to my affliction. I hate life...I get really down and just don't care. Treat everyone around me like crap b/c I'm angry at this condition. I keep thinking about how unfair life is to me. I am only happy when my skin is clear.

It's gotten to the point that even the smallest blemish will set me off. I don't want to leave the house, I won't let my husband come near me...I shut everyone out b/c no one understands and when I do try to talk to them I'm either too embarrassed or they just laugh and shrug me off like I'm crazy...maybe they're right.

I can't stop looking in the mirror and obsessing over it. Sometimes the thought of it or the sight of it makes me sick to my stomach. I want to cry all the time.

I have a preteen son and I am dreading him dealing with the same affliction. I can't even deal with my own acne...let alone help him deal with his (if it comes).

I am lost...I don't know what to do anymore. Who do I talk to? I can't afford a shrink. I was thinking maybe I should talk to my family doctor but I'm scared they won't take me seriously. I am living in my own personal hell and I need someone to show me the way out.

If anyone here has any advice or can point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it. I don't know where else to turn. I am going to lose my sanity very soon.

The funny thing is...when my acne is gone (accutane usually) I am so happy nothing can get me down. I'm not normally a depressive person...but acne just gets the best of me every time.

Thanks for listening and good luck with your own personal journey.