Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
drew4008

I'm at the end of my rope... what can I do?

Hey guys, so I've been on this site a few times before reading reviews and such, but now I just have to make my own thread as I'm desperately hoping someebody on here can help me out. Sorry if this is long-winded or if there's tons of other posts out there like this, just want to accurately tell about my situation.

I've been dealing with moderate acne consistently for about 5-6 years now (I'm 21, male), and I've tried pretty much everything that I've read about. Benzoyl peroxide (the acne.org method as well), Salicylic acid, prescription medication (Ontario doctor, it wasnt accutane, I can't remember exactly what it was, but it was topical), ProActiv, Carley's, and just about anything else over-the-counter.

Sadly, nothing has worked. BP/SA is my regular routine nowadays, to the point where I just dry my skin out (although not tooo badly) with a cleanser/cream, as I find this makes it look a little bit better (doesn't show off that acne shine).

I get, on average, a couple whiteheads every day or every other day, plus redness (from previously popped pimples or just acne in general). My skin is never clear, either. There will always be red marks or little bumps, or some form of scarring. It gets worse as well if I don't shave regularly, for whatever reason.

Recently, I've been lucky enough to come into a little bit of extra cash, and literally the only thing I want in the world is to have great skin. The reason I say this is because I'm open to anyyy type of treatment now, even if it's a thousand dollars. And I've pretty much given up on topical treatments, as I've tried probably 30 different things and nothing has really worked... so I'm looking for either some sort of pill or a laser/surgical treatment.

So is there anybody out there who has been in this sort of situation and then finally found a treatment that works that they are happy with? I've done a little bit of reading on this, but there's still a whole bunch of different options and I'm not sure what to try. Any help from you guys would be awesome, thanks!

I don't have an overall solution but for myself these things have helped a lot:

*argan oil mixed in with moisturizer (day and night)

*quality moisturizer

*chemical exfoliants

*lots of sleep

Hope you find something. I believe I also have had the "Vbeam" type of laser treatments and liked that. Blue/red light is also good. Hope you find what you are looking for :)

I know how you feel! I have moderate but very persistent acne as well.. One product that has really really helped is Vita a kombi 3 by Karin herzog. It is a cream with vitamins A and E as well as hydrogen peroxide. It works my oxygentating the skin, which kills bacteria and also by deliverying good vitamins for the skin. Its been helping me with post ace marks as well. Not many people have heard about this product or Karin Herzog but it works..

If you think this might help, just google karin herzog. They have acne kits and they also have spas in several places where they do oxygen facials and extraction..

Hope this helps :)