Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ConnorG

Huge nodular bump

Ok You know the part on your upper nose right between the eye right under between the eyebrows.....well yesterday day mornig it was only a small bump but know this mornig it's this humongus bump that is swollen so bad I look almost disfigured sorta....I may have to go over to my grandparents house tonight and there's going to be tons of people.....is there anyway at all to make the swelling go down?!?! Like the swelling is so bad that it's like covering a really small

part of my eye....I almost look like a completly diffrent person ?!

Edited by ConnorG

ICE IT! Icing is very very effective at reducing the size and redness of the pimple.

Listen to this guy, he knows what he's doing.

I had a nodule (still do) and icing it did WONDERS for the redness, swelling, size, and pain. Also, ibuprofen. And don't bother it, it'll get angry with you.

ICE IT! Icing is very very effective at reducing the size and redness of the pimple.

I had a nodule (still do) and icing it did WONDERS for the redness, swelling, size, and pain. Also, ibuprofen. And don't bother it, it'll get angry with you.

When u apply ice and ibuprofen to it, how long usually does it take to shrink it down? I have 2 cysts on my jaw line, 1 is just swollen but doesn't hurt at all, and the other feels kinda painful and a lot redder than the other one (i dunno is there's puss inside, i hope not).

I've never applied ibuprofen cuz I'm not really familiar with the medic stuffs, but I know icing could help inflammation. My cysts usually take 1-2 weeks to flat down. Is that normal??

When u apply ice and ibuprofen to it, how long usually does it take to shrink it down? I have 2 cysts on my jaw line, 1 is just swollen but doesn't hurt at all, and the other feels kinda painful and a lot redder than the other one (i dunno is there's puss inside, i hope not).

I've never applied ibuprofen cuz I'm not really familiar with the medic stuffs, but I know icing could help inflammation. My cysts usually take 1-2 weeks to flat down. Is that normal??

You're meant to take the Ibuprofen orally according to the recommendations on the box, not apply it. Some like to apply aspirin masks, however. You can do a search in the forums to find stuff on that.

Regarding icing/anti-inflammatory use, see link in my signature that starts "What to do..."

Some people prefer heat, some use aspirin masks, some do nothing, some go for a cortisone injection. I personally have found that ice and an anti-inflammatory AND the petroleum jelly and bandaid thing reduces the cyst and limits the formation of PIH (post inflammatory hyperpigmention or red marks).

:dance:

BTW, Wynne has by far the best info on what to do with a cyst/pimple/ect

Edited by kyle 1