Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lisa14

Do I have to make an appointment for a cortisone shot?

I called my derm office to hopefully get my first pimple injected that may look like it will scar. The receptionist told me they dont do walk-ins and the next appt is June 22!! Like waiting that long will help me!!! Is every office like this or do you guys just walk in?

I've really never heard of any Dermatologist's office taking walk ins. Call around to a few different one's in your area. I got an appointment the next day when I called. Lucky huh?

I've really never heard of any Dermatologist's office taking walk ins. Call around to a few different one's in your area. I got an appointment the next day when I called. Lucky huh?

Thank you for the quick reply. It just seems like something a derm should do since pimples dont last forever, and the longer you wait I heard that its more likely that spot will scar from the shot. Its like a 2 minute thing, derms should understand and let us in anytime.

Thank you for the quick reply. It just seems like something a derm should do since pimples dont last forever, and the longer you wait I heard that its more likely that spot will scar from the shot. Its like a 2 minute thing, derms should understand and let us in anytime.

Key phrase - "should understand" We know that never happens ;)

Yeah, I've never heard of derms allowing "walk-ins" either. I can usually get in pretty quickly at my derm's office though. As others have suggested, you might call around and see if you can get in someplace else. Or ask your derm's office if they can put you on a waiting list in case of any appt. cancellations.

Key phrase - "should understand" We know that never happens ;)

HAHA, true but sad :boohoo: