Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Del!

to quit or not to quit.....

Hi, just wanted some advice really.....

started using panoxyl gel 2.5 a few days ago and after 3 days my skin was quite dry and a little sore, nothing too extreme but I had Dans bp so thought, as people say it is more gentle, that I would switch.

I am only using bp in the night, after cleansing and am using a small amount. However, my skin is really dry and putting makeup on is a nightmare. Im using eucerin moisturiser but feel like i want to moisturise every 5 mins coz my skin is soooo tight!!

So my question is this...do I carry on with dans bp for a while or should i stop for a night then start again? I really dont want to give up but I feel like I am killing my face!!

The dryness is not too bad yet, but im thinking its going to get worse, so should i have a night off and continue every other night for a while?

I repeat that I am only using a small amount, and it is only round my mouth that is really dry, but that could just be that the panoxyl was too harsh.

What is different i dans bp for it to not be as harsh as others??

please give me your opinions guys

thanks

Edited by DEL XX

I noticed when I first started The Regimen that the area around my mouth was always the dryest area of my face. I've seen a few posts from other members saying the same thing.

If you'd be more comfortable taking a day off, and then starting again, even slower, you can try that. Some people just need to take things really slowly. Just keep in mind that it's normal to have dry, flaky skin for a while in the beginning.

Your skin will eventually adjust, and the dryness and flakiness will subside. It's just something that pretty much all Regimen users have to go through. It sucks, but it doesn't last forever. It's just a temporary pain in the butt, but it's worth it for clear skin.

Keep your chin up. : )

your skin should get there to adjusting, i wouldn't have too many worries about that. but if you just wan't to be safe for now, maybe take a day off, or use a smaller amount of BP. but don't quit, that's the wrong thing to do!

The first few months can be rough. If you can, hang in there!

Which Eucerin moisturizer are you using? You might consider adding a few drops of jojoba oil to it when you apply it, or give Dan's moisturizer a try or maybe Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion. And back down on the amount of bp you are using for now. If you need to take it very slowly, that's okay. It's better than giving up too soon before you have a chance to see how well this can work.

Also, makeup can be very iffy. Some foundations work better than others over topical acne medications. I'm going to link you to Dan's makeup information. http://www.acne.org/blog/2009/04/27/makeup-if-you-must/ and http://www.acne.org/faq.html#cosmetics

Also, from the feedback we've gotten over the years, Panoxyl seems to be very drying, moreso than other bp formulations. So just keep that in mind as well.

I hope that helps.

The first few months can be rough. If you can, hang in there!

Which Eucerin moisturizer are you using? You might consider adding a few drops of jojoba oil to it when you apply it, or give Dan's moisturizer a try or maybe Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion. And back down on the amount of bp you are using for now. If you need to take it very slowly, that's okay. It's better than giving up too soon before you have a chance to see how well this can work.

Also, makeup can be very iffy. Some foundations work better than others over topical acne medications. I'm going to link you to Dan's makeup information. http://www.acne.org/blog/2009/04/27/makeup-if-you-must/ and http://www.acne.org/faq.html#cosmetics

Also, from the feedback we've gotten over the years, Panoxyl seems to be very drying, moreso than other bp formulations. So just keep that in mind as well.

I hope that helps.

its eucerin dermo puryfier for acne prone skin - need to find a new one though coz its so expensive. im in the uk any suggestions? too many bad things about dans - so im scared to use it! jojoba oil came today so will try that.

thanks for your support guys!!

Try Eucerin Dry Skin Relief Face Cream with 5% Urea. It is a favorite among our UK members.

And hopefully the jojoba oil will help too. It usually makes a big difference.

Try Eucerin Dry Skin Relief Face Cream with 5% Urea. It is a favorite among our UK members.

And hopefully the jojoba oil will help too. It usually makes a big difference.

Thanks, I have ordered it!!