Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pog

Argan Oil or Moroccan Oil?

Has anyone tried using either Moroccan Oil or pure Argan oil on their hair? Did it make a huge difference, would you recommend it for dry hair?

I've used it and they are awesome!! I dye my hair A LOT. Especially this year, and that really brought it "back to life" I went from blonde to brown to red, to strawberry blonde, to blonde to blonde with brown it 3 months so I KNOW this stuff works :) it also makes your hair shinny and soft. Just don't use too much!

I think they're the same thing, being that Moroccan Oil comes from argan seeds.

Another option is coconut oil which fully penetrates the hair strand, is non-comedogenic (unlike Moroccan Oil), cheaper and can be used on the skin

I just started using this line of product that my boss gave me "DermOrganic". It's a line of hair care products that contain Argan Oil. I've been using it for about a week now and I LOVE IT!!!! Its amazing. I can defiantly tell a huge difference, my hair is super soft, shinny, it even gives my hair some bounce. My boyfriend even noticed (and thats saying a lot)

Its kinda pricy. Amazon had it priced at...I think 40 something $, for the 3 products (shampoo, masque and leave in oil treatment). Another expensive product that I'm hooked on :doh:

http://www.dermorganic.com/

Edited by leesett

I got a small bottle of the Jose Maran pure argan oil from Sephora today. I'm using it in my hair, to try to get it nice and soft and shiny again after all I've put it through. I didn't want to try Moroccan Oil, because it has 'cones in it, which I'm trying to stop using on my hair; I think all the products I've been using for the past few years have contributed to my hair's brittleness.

My hair looked very shiny and manageable today, but I don't know if that's the argan oil I used or the fact that I clarified with an apple cider vinegar rinse and/or put pure coconut oil in my hair yesterday and let it sit for hours and hours.

I'll let you know what I think after I've been using it for a couple of weeks, and thanks for the replies!

Update: So I was using "DermOrganic" everyday for over a week and I noticed that my hair started to get too oily (kinda dirty looking). I stopped using these products for a couple of days and my hair looked soooo much better (nice and clean)

I still LOVE this product but not for everyday use. Using it once to twice a week keeps my hair looking healthy and shinny.

Overall: Argan Oil works but don't get carried away ladies!!!

Edited by leesett