Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello, everybody! My name is Kim and I'm 21 years old. I've been struggling with some form of acne since I was 17. I can't even determine it, and neither can my doctors. There's about 15-20 of them on each cheek, and they sit there, never smoothing out, never budging. Everyone tells me to exfoliate, but this seems to spread them more than anything. I don't know what to do! Ever since I started washing my face regularly, with Dove soaps when I was 17, I started breaking out with huge pustules. One or two on my cheek every now and then, I only thought it was normal and hormonal so I didn't freak out and decided to wait for it to fade away. Eventually things began to get worse, and once I turned 18 my cheeks were constantly invaded by what looks to be whiteheads, but I can't really tell if they are or not. My forehead sometimes gets them as well, and above my upper lip. All the worst places to get them. My skin has this appearance of being really rough because of it, I don't know what smooth skin is anymore. It's gotten to the point that I feel amazing if two of them smooth away. The problem is, when they do go away, they ALWAYS come back, always. I hate it, I'm so sick of it. I can't believe that I'll be free of it anymore. I don't have insurance and never have the money to see a dermatologist, I've diagnosed myself recently as combination skin. I've tried products for oily and normal, and nothing ever works out. It'll be good for a while, and then my body either becomes immune to it, or irritated. Others I have talked to about it believe that my skin is irritated by a product I'm using.

So, I dropped moisturizers, and washing my face twice a day, and let my skin breathe and see if it would change anything. Since it did seem that I only broke out when I started experimenting with products. It was looking good for about a week, and now I'm back to plan A, and it's the same way it was before except worse. To add to it I now have two huge zits in between my eyebrows, and a huge zit by my nose. I hardly ever get those anymore, so so much for that plan. My skin can't decide on what it is, it dries out severely if I leave it alone, and becomes too greasy if I put anything on it.

I've tried green tea, blueberry tea, lemon juice, water, two different antibiotics, topical treatments, soap bars, Neutrogena, Clean and Clear, honey and aspirin, exfoliating, St. Ives Apricot Scrub, pretty much anything under the sun that people say would help me. To be honest, I never see a change. The antibiotics are probably what helped the most, but only for so long.

Everyone says they don't even see it, but I know it's holding me back. I've been through bouts of depression due to it, my friends don't understand at all and my boyfriend says he doesn't even notice it. I still have a problem with it though, I still see it, and it's so obvious to me. I got so many compliments a day before this happened to me, so I know people notice. I'm modeling and it hurts my self-esteem severely, when I'm standing next to these smooth-skinned models. I don't know what to do! I'm completely lost.

Hello, everybody! My name is Kim and I'm 21 years old. I've been struggling with some form of acne since I was 17. I can't even determine it, and neither can my doctors. There's about 15-20 of them on each cheek, and they sit there, never smoothing out, never budging. Everyone tells me to exfoliate, but this seems to spread them more than anything. I don't know what to do! Ever since I started washing my face regularly, with Dove soaps when I was 17, I started breaking out with huge pustules. One or two on my cheek every now and then, I only thought it was normal and hormonal so I didn't freak out and decided to wait for it to fade away. Eventually things began to get worse, and once I turned 18 my cheeks were constantly invaded by what looks to be whiteheads, but I can't really tell if they are or not. My forehead sometimes gets them as well, and above my upper lip. All the worst places to get them. My skin has this appearance of being really rough because of it, I don't know what smooth skin is anymore. It's gotten to the point that I feel amazing if two of them smooth away. The problem is, when they do go away, they ALWAYS come back, always. I hate it, I'm so sick of it. I can't believe that I'll be free of it anymore. I don't have insurance and never have the money to see a dermatologist, I've diagnosed myself recently as combination skin. I've tried products for oily and normal, and nothing ever works out. It'll be good for a while, and then my body either becomes immune to it, or irritated. Others I have talked to about it believe that my skin is irritated by a product I'm using.

So, I dropped moisturizers, and washing my face twice a day, and let my skin breathe and see if it would change anything. Since it did seem that I only broke out when I started experimenting with products. It was looking good for about a week, and now I'm back to plan A, and it's the same way it was before except worse. To add to it I now have two huge zits in between my eyebrows, and a huge zit by my nose. I hardly ever get those anymore, so so much for that plan. My skin can't decide on what it is, it dries out severely if I leave it alone, and becomes too greasy if I put anything on it.

I've tried green tea, blueberry tea, lemon juice, water, two different antibiotics, topical treatments, soap bars, Neutrogena, Clean and Clear, honey and aspirin, exfoliating, St. Ives Apricot Scrub, pretty much anything under the sun that people say would help me. To be honest, I never see a change. The antibiotics are probably what helped the most, but only for so long.

Everyone says they don't even see it, but I know it's holding me back. I've been through bouts of depression due to it, my friends don't understand at all and my boyfriend says he doesn't even notice it. I still have a problem with it though, I still see it, and it's so obvious to me. I got so many compliments a day before this happened to me, so I know people notice. I'm modeling and it hurts my self-esteem severely, when I'm standing next to these smooth-skinned models. I don't know what to do! I'm completely lost.

What antibiotics were you on before? And how long did it work for u?

What antibiotics were you on before? And how long did it work for u?

They put me on Tetracycline at first, and that lasted a couple months. Then the last one was Doxycycline, and I believe that lasted 4-5 months, and after that things went downhill.