Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
warrent4

apple cider vinegar dilemma

hi guys, this is my first post here i've been quietly watching this board for a while now and there's a lot of great user content on here so thought i would join and actually post! i read a post by HappyGurl about using apple cider vinegar with the mother internally by diluting it in water and drinking it throughout the day. i was doing this after meals (supposedly aids digestion and has blood sugar regulating properties) and after about 2 weeks i can honestly say i was quite impressed by the results and the reduction in new spots. however, last night i made the decision to stop my regime because i began to see a bit of discolouration on my front tooth despite using a straw to drink it and using baking soda in water as a mouthwash after drinking the ACV to prevent acid erosion. i felt that i could risk causing irreparable damage to my teeth and so decided to stop, i'm quite disappointed today as i really wanted to carry on for at least a month which is the recommended time within which you supposedly see the full effects. i was wondering if it is worth taking the ACV pill/capsule form available in my local health store. obviously, i'm assuming that this won't be half as good as it probably doesn't contain the 'mother' seen as it's not even in liquid form. but is this better than nothing? or would this be a complete waste of time? are there any remedies that have a similar effect to ACV without the risk of tooth erosion i.e. regulate blood sugar levels, kill candida, aid digestion, stimulate regular bowel movements, promote acid/alkaline neutrality etc.? hope some of you can lend your experience :)

thanks!

hi guys, this is my first post here i've been quietly watching this board for a while now and there's a lot of great user content on here so thought i would join and actually post! i read a post by HappyGurl about using apple cider vinegar with the mother internally by diluting it in water and drinking it throughout the day. i was doing this after meals (supposedly aids digestion and has blood sugar regulating properties) and after about 2 weeks i can honestly say i was quite impressed by the results and the reduction in new spots. however, last night i made the decision to stop my regime because i began to see a bit of discolouration on my front tooth despite using a straw to drink it and using baking soda in water as a mouthwash after drinking the ACV to prevent acid erosion. i felt that i could risk causing irreparable damage to my teeth and so decided to stop, i'm quite disappointed today as i really wanted to carry on for at least a month which is the recommended time within which you supposedly see the full effects. i was wondering if it is worth taking the ACV pill/capsule form available in my local health store. obviously, i'm assuming that this won't be half as good as it probably doesn't contain the 'mother' seen as it's not even in liquid form. but is this better than nothing? or would this be a complete waste of time? are there any remedies that have a similar effect to ACV without the risk of tooth erosion i.e. regulate blood sugar levels, kill candida, aid digestion, stimulate regular bowel movements, promote acid/alkaline neutrality etc.? hope some of you can lend your experience :)

thanks!

I hear 3-4 tbsp a day is best, so that is what I have been doing (raw, organic). I take it straight in a 2 oz shot glass, chasing with water, but some mix it in their water. 2oz in AM, 2oz in PM. So far (only around 10 days) no issues with my teeth, and I havent heard of such a problem. Is there anything else highly acidic in your diet that could be contributing to your symptoms?

How's it going for you? Are you noticing any improvements? Wow you take it like a shot maybe i need to man up ha i used to do it like that ages ago though when i first tried ACV but i wasn't very consistent with it. What i do is take a big 2L bottle of water and put about 2tbs in that and then drink it throughout the day (that's the dosage that HappyGurl recommended). Maybe that's what's made the acid erosion throughout, the fact that i'm longing out drinking it, maybe it's just better to do it quickly all at once. However i'm worried to try drinking ACV either way again.

There's nothing else acidic in my diet, to be honest i'm pretty much 100% sure it's the ACV it's the only thing that's really changed in my diet for a very long time and teeth acid erosion is very common if you google ACV + acid erosion :(

What do you reckon about trying the pill/capsule ACV?