Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hey friends!

when was the last time you bought nail enamel? which color it was. i bought few colors today. its Mint, its Pink and its Coffee brown. I am so excited to apply them. I was so bored of those transparent nails.

haha yeah i get bored of transparent nails too.

i bought a nail polish last week from rimmel called marine blue. the color in the bottle is exactly the same when you apply it on the nail. it's supposed to last 10 days .. n so far so good. color hasn't chipped n i've prob had it on for 5 days.

i LOVE wearing color in general, so i'm glad i can express that thru nail polish :boogie:

I haven't actually gone out and bought a bottle of nail polish for several months now (I think the last one I bought was Sally Hansen Hi-Definition Nail Color in Pixel Pretty), but my dad's girlfriend is a manicurist, and she hooks me up with OPI polishes sometimes.

So far, she's given me Barefoot In Barcelona (which I currently have on my fingernails), Pamplona Purple (which I currently have on my toenails), No Spain No Gain, Ate Berries In The Canaries, Strawberry Margarita, Stars In My Eyes, and Got The Blues For Red (I couldn't find a decent picture on Google for this one).

My boyfriend's mom has given me a few OPI nail polishes, too. Most of them have been cute, little sample bottles, which, unfortunately, don't tell you the name of the color (why they don't have the name of the color is beyond me--seems like that might make it easier for people to go out and buy the full-sized bottles, no?). One of my favorite colors that she gave me is Malaga Wine (I don't think that picture really does it justice, though. It's more of a deep, deep, almost-red magenta on me).

And my boyfriend bought me a bottle of Sally Hansen Fairy Tale Ivory that I love. It makes me feel like his princess every time I wear it. (Wow, that's so cheesy. But it's true.)

I have a box full of other colors in my room, but these are the most recent colors I've gotten.

[Note: None of these pictures are my own; they're just examples I found through Google Images.]

wao you seem quite lucky. everyone is gifting you nail colors ;) take advantage of it :D and yup there should be names on th testers, i also wonder why they dont give names there :)

wao you seem quite lucky. everyone is gifting you nail colors ;) take advantage of it :D and yup there should be names on th testers, i also wonder why they dont give names there :)

Lol, for real. I've made out like a bandit with the nail polishes. : D

I spent about ten minutes last night searching on Google Images, trying to figure out the name of one of my samples. Turns out, it's called Sheer Your Toys.

I used it a few years ago to paint my thumbnail like a Gameboy. It was freaking adorable. I wish I had a picture. Maybe I'll do it again. : )

I have some sort of nail polish on my nails about 99% of the time. It's considered unprofessional for musicians to wear nail polish apparently, but I really don't care ^_^

I have to keep my nails short too, and I hate plain nails. If I have a concert, the minimum I wear is a clear coat, but normally I go with a nice nude or soft pink color. Nothing too flashy.

The rest of the time, bright colors are my thing. Right now I have on Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Green with Envy, which is a matte soft green. I've been wearing it for about two weeks and it's chipping pretty badly around the edges x] I put it on the day I bought it.

A few others I bought that same day were a fantastic orange, and neon pink, a medium blue with an aquamarine tint, a sheer pearl, and a few other fun colors. I really want to check out some of Sally Hansen's HD colors. They're super bright and shimmery ;]

I haven't actually gone out and bought a bottle of nail polish for several months now (I think the last one I bought was Sally Hansen Hi-Definition Nail Color in Pixel Pretty), but my dad's girlfriend is a manicurist, and she hooks me up with OPI polishes sometimes.

So far, she's given me Barefoot In Barcelona (which I currently have on my fingernails), Pamplona Purple (which I currently have on my toenails), No Spain No Gain, Ate Berries In The Canaries, Strawberry Margarita, Stars In My Eyes, and Got The Blues For Red (I couldn't find a decent picture on Google for this one).

My boyfriend's mom has given me a few OPI nail polishes, too. Most of them have been cute, little sample bottles, which, unfortunately, don't tell you the name of the color (why they don't have the name of the color is beyond me--seems like that might make it easier for people to go out and buy the full-sized bottles, no?). One of my favorite colors that she gave me is Malaga Wine (I don't think that picture really does it justice, though. It's more of a deep, deep, almost-red magenta on me).

And my boyfriend bought me a bottle of Sally Hansen Fairy Tale Ivory that I love. It makes me feel like his princess every time I wear it. (Wow, that's so cheesy. But it's true.)

I have a box full of other colors in my room, but these are the most recent colors I've gotten.

[Note: None of these pictures are my own; they're just examples I found through Google Images.]

haha -- yeah, sometimes nail polish can make you feel like a princess : D

i LOVE most of the OPI nail polishes you were given. esp no spain no gain, ate berries in the canaries, and pixel pretty. do you usually use a top coat with the OPI polishes? i hope SH comes out with more HD colors.

Edited by indayden_den

I have some sort of nail polish on my nails about 99% of the time. It's considered unprofessional for musicians to wear nail polish apparently, but I really don't care ^_^

I have to keep my nails short too, and I hate plain nails. If I have a concert, the minimum I wear is a clear coat, but normally I go with a nice nude or soft pink color. Nothing too flashy.

The rest of the time, bright colors are my thing. Right now I have on Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Green with Envy, which is a matte soft green. I've been wearing it for about two weeks and it's chipping pretty badly around the edges x] I put it on the day I bought it.

A few others I bought that same day were a fantastic orange, and neon pink, a medium blue with an aquamarine tint, a sheer pearl, and a few other fun colors. I really want to check out some of Sally Hansen's HD colors. They're super bright and shimmery ;]

So we have a musician on the forums.. hmmm sounds good ;) what do you play girl? what about sharing some of your music ;) i hope no one would mind :)

Colours hooray! My nails are usually royal blue or burgundy. I always buy a new nail polish when I'm waiting for a prescription to be made up at the chemist.

haha -- yeah, sometimes nail polish can make you feel like a princess : D

i LOVE most of the OPI nail polishes you were given. esp no spain no gain, ate berries in the canaries, and pixel pretty. do you usually use a top coat with the OPI polishes? i hope SH comes out with more HD colors.

'No Spain', 'Pamplona Purple', 'Barefoot in Barcelona', and 'Ate Berries' are my favorites right now. : )

I usually don't use a Top Coat with my OPI polishes. They're pretty shiny on their own and they usually last a few days before they chip. I've noticed that they actually tend to chip more when I use my topcoat, so that's weird. I did just put a topcoat on my toes last night, though. I haven't done it for a while, but I figured, "What the heck?". I dunno. The shininess isn't really impressing me. I think I just like my OPI's without it.

And yeah, the HD colors are pretty cool. I bough mine on an impulse. I wish I'd bought 'Cyber' (purple) or 'BLU' (blue) instead, though. I almost went with 'BLU', but decided on 'Pixel Pretty' at the last second.

pamplona purple is such a nice, rich color. i might have to snag that. that's strange that the OPI tend to chip more with a topcoat. n i'm really diggin the creative names they have. kind of reminds me of the makeup line benefit, with their "touch me and try to leave cream" n such.

pamplona purple is such a nice, rich color. i might have to snag that. that's strange that the OPI tend to chip more with a topcoat. n i'm really diggin the creative names they have. kind of reminds me of the makeup line benefit, with their "touch me and try to leave cream" n such.

I think it just might be the topcoat I have. It's kind of thin and tends to peel when I use it alone. I think with a different topcoat, they wouldn't chip nearly as much.