Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

If you eat relatively healthy (ie. not fast food everyday) and don't have any medical issues you should be fine. The only abnormality I had was a low red blood cell count but I was still allowed to take Accutane.

Was anyones blood work results not good enough to go on accutane?

There are actually two people on these boards that I remember (don't remember their names though) whose lab results precluded them from even starting Accutane.

They had to adjust their lifestyles in order to change their liver enzyme levels. Their liver enzyme results were what had caused the problem. If I recall correctly, both were able to eventually go on Accutane. I think. Don't remember for absolute sure.

Caring for your liver: diet, etc. Excellent, helpful link that they used to be approved, along with other suggestions from their respective doctors.

Was anyones blood work results not good enough to go on accutane?

i wouldnt worry about it...

mine were always fine. in fact, i even cheated a little bit sometimes. i would eat at 10 or 11 pm, then take the test at 7 am the next morning, so it wasnt 12 hours. and they were still fine.

BUT that's just me. i'm not saying you can just eat whatever, whenever or anything. but you can have a little junk food i think :) not too much obviously, just normal!

in short, just keep your normal diet (which should be on the healthier side) and you should be fine. :)