Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shepherd

Good UK Cleansers

Hi Guys!

i have been on accutane now for almost three weeks and all is going well so far except very dry lips and flaking. i am currently using Boots tea tree and witch hazel foaming face wash but have been reading on here how they can irritate your skin while on accutane so im guessing this is not helping with my flaking, so if anyone knows of a really mild cleanser which wont irritate and is available in the UK i would be very grateful

I always used the Simple range of face cleansers. They are pretty good available in most Boots, Superdrug etc. If they are too irritating and drying then you can use Avene Extremely Gentle Cleanser, its quite expensive tho but good while on accutane. You can get it here http://www.boots.com/en/Eau-Thermale-Avene...ser-200ml_1576/

I would try the Simple face cleansers first though to see if they are ok before you buy the more expensive one.

NOOO, you need Cetaphil. You can get it here in the UK don't worry. Lloyd's pharmacy has it, online and in stores, also you can just get some anyway online. But try a pharmacy store!!!

I found pretty much every cleanser made me break out. I now just use warm water, which seems to suit my skin a lot better.

i've tried countless cleansers from boots and even the acne.ord one, but have to say cetaphil is the best one for me. it has very few ingredients and is perfect for when you're on accutane :)

i see that in the ingredients list for cetaphil that there are parabens and i have heard on here that they can be bad, does any one know if this is true or not?