Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jo1821

Flying and The regimen?

Not sure if this is the right place to post this.. feel free to move it....

Im flying from london to los angeles soon, the flight i believe is around 11 hours!. With the time difference, we leave here at 10amand arrive in l.a at 2pm.

Anyway to my point.. if i get up and do the reguime at around 6am, I will get to the 11 hour point where the bp has been on my face. around 4 hours before landing!! When landing it will only be 2pm.

Would the best idea to be to, Do my reguime at 6am my time in england, 11 hours later do the reguime on the plane, then do the reguime around 11 hours later at around 9-10pm american time!

This is very confussing with all the time diffences but aslong as i do the reguime the 8-12 hours apart i should be ok??

My main issue has anyone else had any experience of carrying out the reguime on a plane. is this do able??

Has anyone had any problems with the plane air effecting their skin? or aslong as i keep it clean and with bp, and moistiser i should be ok yeah??

sorry for a very confussing long post, any help and suggestions are really very gratefully receieved!!

Jo

I don't think it's a good idea to get the regimen on your face in the plane. You've got to be atleast 30-45 minutes in the bathroom for that,or toilet in the plane.

I'm on the regimen for about a week now, and due to my work, I sometimes do not mannge to do it every 12 hours. I know I can do that bit better, but my skin is already improved alot.

I was thinkin off washing my face in the toiltet, and drying with a travel facecloth i have. going back to my seat, and waiting 10 minutes, using a antibacterial hand wipe to wash my hands again, and applying the bp in my seat. My friend has bad eczema, so will be moisterising every hour or so anyway, so we can look abit strange with stuff on our faces together. In the past while not on the reguime i have used the toitlets to freshen up and have a face wash, so cant see why this would be a problem?

Don't use a toilet to clean your face. Can you imagine the amount of crap in there? It's a toilet! Even if you flush it your still practically spreading bacteria all over your face. V. bad idea.

Just accept the fact that your going to miss the regimen for one night.

Actually, if the gap is around 14 hours, I don't actually see the problem - if you put your cream on at 6am then 14 hours later in America at around 3pm, you should be ok.

If you want, you could always take your cream to the toiletts AT the airport, where there are proper sinks/wash basins - that way you can look in the mirror while doing the regimen, have enough space, and also clean your face and dry your face without having to soak in toilet water. That would only be a 12 hour difference between the washes, just so long as you don't miss your flight!

Erm, The toilets on planes do tend to have wash sinks in them, sorry if i didnt make this clear but i dont know anyone who would even consider washing in the toilet!! I would be using the sink and tap water to wash my face!

My point was. I will do my fist reguime at 6am london time. I get on the plane at 10 am london time. I get off the plane 11 hours later, which is London time 9pm or American time 2pm. I have at this point had the bp on my face 15 hours. i wont be going straight to the hotel and doing the reguime, So therefore do not want to wait a total of around 23 hours between applying bp.

My suggestion was i apply the bp 6am

Around 4 hours before the flight lands i wash in the sink and apply reguime. this will be 11 hours after first applying bp at 6am.

so from that point to when i go to bed that night is around 12 hours. Going to bed around 10pm that night means when i wake up in the morning im back into a routine.

As i said before I have had no problem before freshing up using a sink, so surely a quick face wash will not be much harder! I will be getting on the plane with no make up on, and only applying this after doing my reguime on the plane, ready for landing!!

I hope this makes sence now!

Has anyone else had anyluck carrying out the reguime on a flight?!

Hehe ok I see what you mean, I can now see your idea in a much better light lol.

So sure, do that, do your plan, because it's virtually 12 hours anyway. :cool: As long as you don't mind putting on BP on the plane, seems like a really good idea. 23 hours is a whole day meaning you'd miss a slot, so it's not like your doing 3 regimens in one day, just 2 in 1 day and 1 in another.

Have a nice flight :)

I'm a frequent flyer, and when I was on the Regimen I did it a few times successfully while flying internationally (Seattle to London being the usual route). First, I would suggest looking into facial wipes for the washing part of it-- the sink water in most airplanes is recycled and I don't even want to think about what's in there. I like the oil-free ones made by Garnier (although I'm not sure if these are available in London, but I guarantee there's something similar)-- they're not as good as cleanser and water but for limited usage they're fine. I suggest maybe bringing some hand sanitizer with you. I'm a germ-phobe so I need my hands to be clean before I touch my face, and the airplane water just doesn't cut it for me. Also, make sure that you're consistent with the Regimen before and after your plane trip. You won't be able to do it perfectly on the plane, but that doesn't mean you should skip it all together. When you arrive at your destination just resume the Regimen as normal.

Plus-- doing the Regimen on an airplane means you'll have to get up from your seat often, which is great for circulation!

Thankyou smashley007 very much for you advise! You have put my mind at ease alittle! I was thinkin i might take a muslin cloth, and a refillable water bottle which i can fill up once i get through boarding! this way i can just wet my face using alittle cleaner water! I know this seems alittle on the extreme side but i really do like the feeling of washing my face! i will defo look into oil free face wipes though, just in case my plan dosnt work! Im planning to brush my teeth (i hear alot of people do this on a long haul flight) anyway so i figure 10 minutes in the bath room isnt to selfish!!

Hand sanitiser is a must for me to, if anything it makes you feel alittle cleaner!

Thanks for your advise!

I was thinkin i might take a muslin cloth, and a refillable water bottle which i can fill up once i get through boarding! this way i can just wet my face using alittle cleaner water! I know this seems alittle on the extreme side but i really do like the feeling of washing my face!

I'm sure this would be fine-- the wipes were just a suggestion, use what you're comfortable with! And using the water bottle is a great idea, that will be much better for your face.