Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iammclovinx

Anyone else have this problem?

I went to the dermatologist hhmm about 6 months ago. She looked at my skin and everything blah blah but she told me that my skin can't get ride of dead skin by itself? The dead skin just sits there and that is why I have acne. So I started to use this salicylic acne scrub its from neutragena I am pretty sure it is called: Daily scrub with microclear technology (orange and red bottle). Its has gotten me about a mild acne level, not my desired skin of coarse but I was wondering, maybe i could get the skin I wanted with just using a normal cleanser morning and night and queen helens mint julupe masque twice a week? My question to everyone is does anyone else have this problem? Is the scrub maybe to harsh to be used every day and that is why I still have a bunch of acne? Is the MD Forte Line any good? sorry for the long post guys and the billions of questions.

much love guys :wub:

Skin Care Regimen:

Night: Wash With Daily Scrub with microclear technology

twice a week apply mint julupe masque

apply benzaclin

go to sleep (:

morning:

put pponds makeup remover over the dried benzaclin

wash off with hand towel (clean of coarse)

Moved to the Blackheads And Non-Inflamed Acne board.

Have you considered trying AHA? It's a chemical exfoliant that helps to break down the "glue" that holds dead skin cells together, allowing them to be shed more easily. Sounds like it could help with your situation.

Moved to the Blackheads And Non-Inflamed Acne board.

Have you considered trying AHA? It's a chemical exfoliant that helps to break down the "glue" that holds dead skin cells together, allowing them to be shed more easily. Sounds like it could help with your situation.

I would do this but not use it as often as you are now. That much scrubbing should be leaving your skin pretty dry and flaky? It would for me. Try to use the mint julep mask on days you aren't using the exfoliator. You could maybe even try using it after exfoliating (if you skin can handle this) like once a week because with all the dead skin gone the mask can probably get deeper into the pores (just an assumption). I use the mint julep mask though and it works very well. Use it as many days at night as you can as long as you aren't drying out. You could also try some natural face masks made with oatmeal or an egg white mask to mix things up. You might notice something works really well for you.

Have you tried something like Nizoral 2% anti-dandruff shampoo. I have VERY dry skin but only over my cheek area and that is the ONLY place that I break out. I tried everything that you can think of and nothing worked. Currently on my third day of using Nizoral 2%. Find that its clearing up my acne and it's only been a few days. I really only have red marks left from old acne. Do some research and you will find that a lot of people have found success using this product on acne. Good luck.

For *most* people, scrubs are too irritating to be used very often, especially those that use walnut shells - the edges are jagged and cut and tear skin instead of gently exfoliating. The other problem is that the salicylic acid in the scrub won't have a chance to do anything.. because you wash it off too quickly.

If you want to try salicylic acid (and I think you should), you need to find a "treatment" product rather than a wash or scrub. Paula Begoun's 2% BHA Liquid is really popular. I use a Dermarest product thats technically for psoriasis, sold at most drugstores.

If you want to try an AHA (alpha hydroxy acid), I would go for Dan's variety - its cheap, really well formulated and has countless fellow users on the boards.

Yay! Gluck :P

Hi, I have that problem. For me, it's a symptom of my hypothyroidism.

Neutrogena has another product that I would use instead. Scrubs are too abrasive. You *do* need to manually exfoliate, just not usinga scrub. Try Neutrogena Acne Stress Control 3-in-1 Hydrating Acne Treatment. It costs about $6-7 USD, and is gentle, yet very effective. If I use it twice a day, my skin stays clear and my blackheads almost completely fade away. I don't even need to use a moisterizer when I use it!