Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RayDee

not scars there postmarks..

soo the Derm said that they werent scars but THEY WONT GO AWAY and its killin I have the worst acne!!!! its everywhere face neck back arms chest ... :'( and it leaves marks EVERYWHERE and i have to dress like a nun cause Im tryin to cover everything ..anyways the question is "whats a easy/cheaper way to get rid of postmarks?!?" cause i cant afford all the expensive treatments that i prob need...help!!

post-131115-1276413568_thumb.jpg

post-131115-1276413568_thumb.jpg

Edited by RayDee

soo the Derm said that they werent scars but THEY WONT GO AWAY and its killin I have the worst acne!!!! its everywhere face neck back arms chest ... :'( and it leaves marks EVERYWHERE and i have to dress like a nun cause Im tryin to cover everything ..anyways the question is "whats a easy/cheaper way to get rid of postmarks?!?" cause i cant afford all the expensive treatments that i prob need...help!!

I dont get it. If the derm stated that they were not scars then what did he/she diagnose them as?? The photographed area looks like your arm and it doesn't look like it active acne. I'm not a dermatologist but I would be trying to get the situation diagnosed asap so you can begin whatever treatment is necessary/available. Sorry about the next bit - but while I hope every person on this forum and then some get the best financial deal they can in resolving all skin issues its not always the case that the easy/cheap way is the answer. What I hear I guess is the desperation of your situation and that I can fully relate to. Its always worth investigating a cheaper price because there are rip offs out there, but on the other hand sometimes there are only certain options and they are priced how they are priced with little or no variation. By all means shop around when you find out what you need and I wish you all the best in doing so. Some over the counter medications I can't get in Australia like Neosporin is available and cheap in the US so I get it there. When I read what some people pay for subscision in the US I feel really lucky that I got it really cheap in comparison here in Australia. Also I didn't pay much for tca treatment at all. Until about 2 years ago our government in Australia allowed fraxel for acne scarring and I had it nearly every 14 days at the highest setting for months on end for a fraction of the cost. Unfortunately our government has scince woken up and changed it. It didn't do much for my scars but it improved the overall wellbeing of my skin hands down. My derm still does excision and somehow charges the government more than me. I have a great relationship with a couple of plastic surgeons and they do me deals as well. In the end, I'd pay for anything that got rid of my scars and somehow I'd find the money. Dont worry and dont give up - easier said I know. Wish you only the best, kindest regards Ann-marie.

Thank you both for the replay!! I agree to "I'd pay for anything that got rid of my scars and somehow I'd find the money." my parents have an issue understanding this..but I'm not giving up!! & I will take a look at the MSM suppliments

Guest frogskinshoelace

Get a new dermatologist. The one you are seeing is a moron and doesnt care about you. They can certainly do something to make them fade.

YEP EMU Oil is a godsend, I have used it on my red marks for a week and they have dramatically lightened up. The product I have used is Care line's Emu Oil Cream with Jojoba & Vitamin E. I urge anyone to give this a try! I bought mine on E bay

You can get it from here:

cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110547861759&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

GOOD LUCK~

Get a new dermatologist. The one you are seeing is a moron and doesnt care about you. They can certainly do something to make them fade.

lol i should he kinda his he gives me like 5 mins of his time then tells me the same old same then make a new appointment

Uhhh...are you sure that's acne, or those were marks left from acne? I've never seen anyone with acne on their arms, especially acne that severe.

Hey just to clarify i am not a dermatologist however i had an EXTREMELY similiar case. If not exact. My dermatologist said it was a yeast infection, he said that men get it on there upper arms and there upper back.

Hey just to clarify i am not a dermatologist however i had an EXTREMELY similiar case. If not exact. My dermatologist said it was a yeast infection, he said that men get it on there upper arms and there upper back.

ya im pretty sure its acne thats what the docs tell me i have it on my face & neck & back too :( ive never heard of yeast infections on the back before & im a girl